Supertux for Android

Watch also SuperTuxKart - Wikipedia

@hotlittlewhitedog Thank you. I already know that game and almost play the whole story… :slight_smile:

I tried to compile the supertux app on Manjaro, but I cannot find a build manual for Android, only how to install under Linux and Windows. I tried the Linux variant hoping an APK getting build with that, but running make the following error occurs:

[ 1%] Built target savepng
[ 3%] Built target tinygettext
[ 4%] Built target sexp
[ 5%] Built target supertux2_c
[ 6%] Built target physfs
[ 8%] Built target squirrel
[ 8%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/supertux2_lib.dir/src/video/gl/gl33core_context.cpp.o
In Datei, eingebunden von /home/abcde/1234/supertux-android/supertux/src/video/gl/gl_video_system.hpp:24,
von /home/abcde/1234/supertux-android/supertux/src/video/gl/gl33core_context.cpp:25:
/home/abcde/1234/supertux-android/supertux/src/video/sdlbase_video_system.hpp:43:41: Fehler: »SDL_DestroyWindow« wurde in diesem Gültigkeitsbereich nicht deklariert; meinten Sie »SDL_DestroyCond«?
43 | std::unique_ptr<SDL_Window, decltype(&SDL_DestroyWindow)> m_sdl_window;
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
| SDL_DestroyCond
/home/abcde/1234/supertux-android/supertux/src/video/sdlbase_video_system.hpp:43:59: Fehler: Templateargument 2 ist ungültig
43 | std::unique_ptr<SDL_Window, decltype(&SDL_DestroyWindow)> m_sdl_window;
| ^
In Datei, eingebunden von /home/abcde/1234/supertux-android/supertux/src/video/gl/gl33core_context.cpp:25:
/home/abcde/1234/supertux-android/supertux/src/video/gl/gl_video_system.hpp:75:3: Fehler: »SDL_GLContext« bezeichnet keinen Typ; meinten Sie »GLContext«?
75 | SDL_GLContext m_glcontext;
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~
| GLContext
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/supertux2_lib.dir/build.make:4889: CMakeFiles/supertux2_lib.dir/src/video/gl/gl33core_context.cpp.o] Fehler 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/Makefile2:286: CMakeFiles/supertux2_lib.dir/all] Fehler 2
make: *** [Makefile:152: all] Fehler 2

(sorry for the German text)
Does anyone have an idea how to compile it so I will get an Android APK out of it?
It I know how to do that, I will try to post it in the RFP-Tracker (Or should I ask this questions there?!)

Apparently you need to install SDL lib.

I already have installed the following SDL packages but it doesn’t work:

• sdl
  • sdl2
  • sdl2_gfx
  • sdl2_image
  • sdl2_mixer
  • sdl2_net
  • sdl2_ttf
  • sdl_gfx
  • sdl_image
  • sdl_mier
  • sdl_net
  • sdl_pango
  • sdl_sound
  • sdl_ttf
  • lib32-sdl2

Check this: https://github.com/pelya/supertux/blob/master/INSTALL.md

I have already read that and according to that I have installed all needed SDL libraries.

Contact them, create an issue and explain what you did.

I would do that, but:

So were to create the issue?
If there would be an issue tracker, I would also ask if there are separate build instructions for Android because the build instructions I’m using seeming like to be for a linux executable…

Issue tracker is for a lot of things (support, suggestions…).

Try to contact them via the forum on that page:

I have opened a discussion on Topic - Help wanted: Compiling ST for Android • ST Contributions • FreeGameDev Forums - Open Source Game Development.

Can you ad the game “SuperTux” to “F-Droid”?

It’s open-source!

Here is a link to the games homepage with links to the source-code and to the game in “Google Play Store”:

Please check if you could ad “SuperTux” in “F-Droid”?

umm this: Supertux for Android ?

I have created an issue in the RFP tracker: Supertux2 aka Supertux 0.5.0+ (#1083) · Issues · F-Droid / Requests For Packaging · GitLab

It’s not an issue but a RFP.

So I should say ‘I have created an RFP in the “issue” tracker: Supertux2 aka Supertux 0.5.0+ (#1083) · Issues · F-Droid / Requests For Packaging · GitLab’? :wink:

has someone figured out, yet, if it’s possible to ad SuperTux to the F-Droid repo?

There is some progress: I found an issue about it on GitHub (F-Droid · Issue #1132 · SuperTux/supertux · GitHub) and a manual for compiling (https://github.com/pelya/commandergenius/blob/sdl_android/project/jni/application/supertux/readme.txt).

Great. Also think to use other search engines than Google Search to have different results. Like bing, duckduckgo …

I already use DuckDuckGo, Startpage & co.
I haven’t found the infos about SuperTux for Android before because I only searched manually on the GitHub page of SuperTux for Android (pleya/supertux) which doesn’t have an issue tracker. I didn’t expect that the issue tracker of the desktop version of SuperTux could also be used for the Android version and also didn’t expect to have to clone another repository which has SuperTux embedded for compiling the apk.