Submit app created with Godot 3.5.1

Hello all!
I’m new here and would like to submit one of my games to F-Droid.

I used Godot 3.5.1 and I watched for existing Godot build instructions but all have older versions than 3.5.1
I tried to copy the build instructions of the newest version I found that is 3.2.3 from here

Can someone help me or give me advice on how I can use Godot version 3.5.1?

Here my MR

The game I would like to submit is made with Godot 3.5.1.

I saw other games published on F-Droid using odder Godot versions, but they all build the engine from the source code instead of downloading the already build export from Github from the release page

So my question is if building everything from the source code is mandatory or would downloading the already compiled export be fine?

Yes it is mandatory to compile your app and it’s dependencies (in this case Godot) from source, because it’s the only way F-Droid could guarantee that your app is actually FOSS and way built from the provided source code.

May I ask why you don’t want it to be built from source?

Thank you for the quick reply! That makes sense.

I’m having problems with building Godot from source, because I never did it before and the Godot version 3.5.1 throws some errors because the build.gradle and scons build tool is not present.
So I thought that downloading the compiled version would save me the headaches, but I’ll try again.

I’ve already chimed here: New App: com.simondalvai.ball2box (!12512) · Merge requests · F-Droid / Data · GitLab

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.