Stitch app privacy policy

The app Stitch (Stitch Screenshots) requires users agree to the privacy policy of the app, which - machine translated from Chinese - appears to require submission of user data, which can be accessed by the government on request.

I don’t see an anti-feature warning and it shows as being available in the main F-Droid repository, at least in v1.1.11 (19/08/22). Haven’t checked the other versions.

Should this be on the main repo/without a warning?

It has no network access, how do you think China will get your information?

Stitch is not actually Free or Open Source (#2894) · Issues · F-Droid / Data · GitLab yup

1 Like

Genuine question - do you have any idea why has there been no action taken in 3 months?

Kinda wanted a second opinion… :man_shrugging:

The missing INTERNET access makes it benign, the Github connection is annoying, etc

I don’t have a monkey’s, and I doubt any country cares about my personal screenshots.

I mean, they could just add internet permissions in an update, but it’s neither here nor there. My question was about whether it belongs on F-Droid, not about Chinese foreign intelligence operations.

Well, thanks for the explanation. We’re on the same page.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.