Sqlite3 binary in apps' apks

greetings!
anybody knows whether we have an app that carries sqlite3 binary in apk?
Maybe someone can just grep all the apks’ contents ?

Umm why does this matter?

I need it but too lazy to build it myself :wink:

пн, 21 сент. 2020 г., 22:09 Licaon_Kter via F-Droid Forum <forum@f-droid.org>:

What is the benefit of having additional sqlite-binary in an app instead of using the android.os-buildin sqlite ?

Probably because not all the Android ROMs have it?

solved by using Termux.

Just curious: Do you use a ROM that does not ship with sqlite3? After reading this, I thought that it would be shipped on every device.

What is the benefit of having additional sqlite-binary in an app instead of using the android.os-buildin sqlite ?

Because the versions that ship with Android are really old and don’t include important things like the ability to rename a column, which was added in SQLite 3.25.0.

1 Like

Just curious: Do you use a ROM that does not ship with sqlite3? After reading this, I thought that it would be shipped on every device.

Yes and yes, it’s old nougat

Android has included some version of SQLite as a core part of the OS since the very first release (API 1, pre Cupcake).

Which ROM are you using that doesn’t have it?

It’s a vendor stock ROM, nothing interesting.

I would be very interested to know about any vendor stock ROM that strips out a core part of Android. For example, missing SQLite would cause my app, Privacy Browser, to crash, leading to a number of difficult to diagnose bug reports.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.