Hey guys,
Recently I added the Google Cast feature (still a Pull Request) to my already published app. In order to comply with F-Droid guidelines, I had to split the app into two build variants. One without the Google Cast feature and non-free dependencies. And the other with them.
I was wondering if this would require some metadata changes in F-Droid Data repo in order to build the correct (free) variant?
Yes. change yes to fdroid: metadata/com.github.ashutoshgngwr.noice.yml · master · F-Droid / Data · GitLab when you add the new version manually in the metadata (since you are on autoupdate).
In theory that’s about it…we’ll see once we can build test
Thank you for responding!
I have to ask
- What happens internally when I change
yes to fdroid? Right now I am guessing that it will try to build the variant with name fdroid.
- For the initial version where build is splitting, I understand that I have to add the version manually. But for later releases, will it be back to auto updates?
You guessed right on both cases
@Licaon_Kter created an MR. can you please take a look?