Sound recording like a dashcam

I was looking for an app that would continuously record sound and store it in small slices of some minutes, deleting older slices after a while automatically… just like most dashcams do with video.

Is there something like that on F-Droid?

and older Echo | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

or newer Alibi | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

don’t do this?

/PS: this was announced in Encrypted SMS and malware scanning | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository you are not RSS subscribed? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks… both look promising though I am still battling the details: I want a turn on once and forget for months app… that records everything until you need it unexpectedly. Echo looks like it will do that, still testing. No clue yet how to do that with Alibi.

Followup, Echo works but saving recorded data doesn’t, or I haven’t figured out how yet. What works is the sharing option which can be used as workaround.

Testing Alibi, here the not quite intuitive settings and wording are a problem.

I see it saved in storage just fine, but the folder button does not do anything if you don’t have an app like OI File Manager | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository or you can just use a file manager :slight_smile:

So open an issue in they repo and report stuff