Slide for Reddit is out of date

Hello,

I’m the Slide for Reddit developer, and F-Droid has been stuck on v5.6.5 build 272 for a few weeks now, despite new tags and version numbers being pushed to Github. The current release is 5.6.5.1 version code 281. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Link to release is here: Release 5.6.5.1-alpha4 · Haptic-Apps/Slide · GitHub

Cheers

@ccrama Hello,

The 5.6.5.1 releases contain -alpha like 5.6.5.1-alpha4. However F-Droid is checking for tags only containing numbers [0-9\.]*$ does that (Files · master · F-Droid / Data · GitLab).

If you want, I can change to match any tag.

That would be great, as there are a lot of tags with strings in them (Slide Alpha builds).

Thank you for the support!

Any word on this yet @mimi89999 ?

@ccrama I couldn’t build.

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
A problem occurred configuring root project 'me.ccrama.redditslide'.
> Could not resolve all files for configuration ':classpath'.
   > Could not find com.android.tools.build:gradle:3.0.0-beta2.
     Searched in the following locations:
         https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/android/tools/build/gradle/3.0.0-beta2/gradle-3.0.0-beta2.pom
         https://jcenter.bintray.com/com/android/tools/build/gradle/3.0.0-beta2/gradle-3.0.0-beta2.jar
     Required by:
         project :

@mimi89999iInteresting, is that the latest tagged commit, or the latest commit in the repo? The latest tagged repo compiles for me, the latest repo commit is in the middle of conversion to AS3 and does not yet compile. The version that should be on F-Droid is Release 5.6.5.1-alpha4 · Haptic-Apps/Slide · GitHub

@mimi89999 there is a new tag that was just pushed (5.6.5-alpha5) which should compile correctly. Let me know if there’s anything I can do as I’d be happy to help :slight_smile:

Thanks

@ccrama We are only building at a specific tag, not on HEAD. I changed your app to update on any new tag: Update Slide for Reddit to 5.6.5-alpha5 (282) and match any tag (34573b8e) · Commits · F-Droid / Data · GitLab . 5.6.5-alpha5 (282) build on my PC.

@mimi89999 hello, just wondering if Slide is still set up to take any tag? I pushed Release 5.8-alpha2.0.5 · Haptic-Apps/Slide · GitHub but F-Droid is still using the previous tag

Also F-Droid seems to be building the withGPlay variant, while it should be building the pro-enabled and no GPlay Services version noGPlay

Sorry if I’m being pushy, but the 5.8-alpha2.5 update includes a major fix to a bug that the Reddit API introduced recently, any way we can get an update pushed quickly @mimi89999

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.