SimpleEmail version 1.5.1 crashes

I use a Fairphone 3 and Android 13. SimpleEmail Version 1.5.1 crashed after updating to version 1.5.1. So I uninstalled the app, cleaned the cache and installed the app again. But it also crashed after adding an account of Uberspace.

From the app’s About screen you can check a log or send a bug report.

Haven’t used the app in awhile. Just tested 1.5.1, working fine on my end. So yeah, might want to send a bug report.

SimpleEmail is a fork of FairEmail from October of 2018 that has been largely unchanged since December of 2018: Commits · develop · Dystopia Project / Simple Email · GitLab

Go use FairEmail instead.

Report here: Issues · Dystopia Project / Simple Email · GitLab :man_shrugging:

SimpleEmail worked well for years. The app was just updated to version 1.5.1 in September 2023.

After crashing there is this message of the screenshot ( App is repeatedly terminated). I can’t start the app anymore. So I need to uninstall it. The bug report:

SimpleEmail: org.dystopia.email 1.5.1/3
Android: 13 (SDK 33)

Brand: Fairphone
Manufacturer: Fairphone
Model: FP3
Product: FP3
Device: FP3
Host: jenkins-agent-01
Display: 6.A.018.0
Id: 6.A.018.0

java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start service org.dystopia.email.ServiceSynchronize@2df0fea with Intent { act=reload cmp=org.dystopia.email/.ServiceSynchronize }: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: org.dystopia.email: Targeting S+ (version 31 and above) requires that one of FLAG_IMMUTABLE or FLAG_MUTABLE be specified when creating a PendingIntent.
Strongly consider using FLAG_IMMUTABLE, only use FLAG_MUTABLE if some functionality depends on the PendingIntent being mutable, e.g. if it needs to be used with inline replies or bubbles.
java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start service org.dystopia.email.ServiceSynchronize@2df0fea with Intent { act=reload cmp=org.dystopia.email/.ServiceSynchronize }: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: org.dystopia.email: Targeting S+ (version 31 and above) requires that one of FLAG_IMMUTABLE or FLAG_MUTABLE be specified when creating a PendingIntent.
Strongly consider using FLAG_IMMUTABLE, only use FLAG_MUTABLE if some functionality depends on the PendingIntent being mutable, e.g. if it needs to be used with inline replies or bubbles.
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleServiceArgs(ActivityThread.java:4670)
at android.app.ActivityThread.-$$Nest$mhandleServiceArgs(Unknown Source:0)
at android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(ActivityThread.java:2176)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Looper.java:201)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:288)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7884)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:548)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:936)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: org.dystopia.email: Targeting S+ (version 31 and above) requires that one of FLAG_IMMUTABLE or FLAG_MUTABLE be specified when creating a PendingIntent.
at android.app.PendingIntent.checkFlags(PendingIntent.java:401)
at android.app.PendingIntent.getActivityAsUser(PendingIntent.java:484)
at android.app.PendingIntent.getActivity(PendingIntent.java:470)
at android.app.PendingIntent.getActivity(PendingIntent.java:434)
at org.dystopia.email.ServiceSynchronize.getNotificationService(SourceFile:27)
at org.dystopia.email.ServiceSynchronize.onStartCommand(SourceFile:40)
at android.app.ActivityThread.handleServiceArgs(ActivityThread.java:4652)
… 9 more

It was made as a “fork of FairEmail to get all the pro features”. In the meantime most of those features became free in FairEmail iirc.

Please try FairEmail…

Ok. I’ll try it.

FairEmail works very well. Thanks!

2 Likes

FairEmail works so well that I bought the pro-version. Thanks again!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.