Simple app to get the versionName of a APK file?

Do you know a simple GUI app to get the versionName/versionCode of a APK file (like GitHub - Enyby/APK-Info: APK-Info is a Windows tool to get detailed info about an apk file. for Windows)?

Or a file explorer that has this feature?

I took a look at OpenAPK and Checkey but they only seem to scan already installed apps while I want to analyze a bunch of APK files not installed.

1 Like

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/com.oF2pks.applicationsinfo/ probably

1 Like

Stanley | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository is what you’re looking for: moreover, when parsing an apk file (=not installed), it allows you to detect all installed packages with same signature certificate (@xgouchet uses sha1 certificate instead sha256 algorithm as showed in F-Droid index-v1).

@Ildar com.oF2pks.applicationsinfo only works on (all) installed packages and doesn’t use any permissions storage; but twin ClassyShark3xodus does and uses same file access as Stanley.

I now have a working version with signatures, shasum256 & manifest checking on apk files through ClassyShark3xodus: moreover the app will allow understandable browsing of any *.xml file via regular file browsers : wip oF2pks / fdroid-classyshark3xodus / Downloads — Bitbucket

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.