Signing a Ionic app in build server docker container?

Hello all, I’m a newbie who tries to build his first app. As I am confused by the information in the official docs, I hope to get some help here.

My issue is: how to make signing the app inside the build server docker container work?

I proceeded as described here: https://f-droid.org/en/docs/Submitting_to_F-Droid_Quick_Start_Guide/
I got as far as fdroid build --on-server com.example which builds an unsigned apk. On the way to that, I get this warning:
2022-04-18 17:45:55,882 WARNING: apksigner not found! Cannot sign or verify modern APKs
I also succeeded signing the apk that was produced inside the docker container afterwards outside the container, as described here: Signing Process | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

Is that the correct way to proceed and can I then just push the fdroiddata with the signed apk? Or should the signing rather be done inside the docker container?

I’d be grateful for clarification!
Jobst

The buildserver should build a unsigned apk and it will be signed manully. It is the correct way and you can open an MR with your metadata. Thanks!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.