Samourai Bitcoin Wallet on F-Droid?

I searched the forums and have seen no discussion on this topic. I stumbled across a website that told it’s users that Samourai Wallet is the “most popular Bitcoin wallet on Android” (5 Best Bitcoin Mining Software 2023 (Mac, Windows, Linux)).

Curiously I checked out the website (https://samouraiwallet.com/)

It’s very slick! What impressed me most of all was that the app is open source as described on their download page (Samourai Wallet - Download), on which they provide a link to their Github (GitHub - Samourai-Wallet/samourai-wallet-android: Bitcoin Wallet strongly focused on privacy when transacting on the bitcoin network). At the time of writing the github has 45 watchers and 401 stars from other github users, at a superficial glance.

As I said, I did search this forum and didn’t see any discussion about this. So I’m just interested in why the software is not on F-Droid. I’ve never used it before so I don’t know whether it has advertising, or uses too many non free services, or whether it’s even a legit wallet at all. Maybe someone has devised an elaborate scam, although I doubt that.

Is anyone able to shine more light on this?

In a closed issue they say: “Coming up for version 1.0.”, see Add to fdroid · Issue #101 · Samourai-Wallet/samourai-wallet-android · GitHub

Cheers folks,

I’m showing my noob-dem, but at least another noob won’t ask the same, hahaha.

Forget what I wrote about C. The message I received about apps written in C was from another thread. Samourai is written in Java (as far as I’ve checked).

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.