[RFP Help] Can't sign to GitLab as it requires credit card verification - Requesting packaging proxy for CastDrive

:warning: NOTE FOR MODERATORS: I am aware that official requests for inclusion belong on GitLab. However, I am completely locked out of GitLab registration due to verification blocks and cannot open an RFP myself. I am posting my app details here in the hope that a community member with an active account can act as a proxy and open the GitLab RFP on my behalf. Thank you for understanding!

[RFP] Request for Packaging: CastDrive

Hello F-Droid Community,

I am the developer of CastDrive, an open-source Android screen-mirroring application, and I would like to request community assistance with packaging it for the official F-Droid repository.

I would normally submit the required metadata through the standard GitLab workflow, but I am currently unable to complete GitLab account verification as it requires credit card verification in my region which is not comfortable for me. Because of this, I am asking whether an F-Droid contributor would be willing to help start the packaging process.

Application

- Name: CastDrive

- Package ID: “com.aistudio.automirror.cxkmv”

- Current release: “1.0.1” (when built from source)

- License: MIT

- Source: GitHub - RSR-Projects/CastDrive: CastDrive is an Android screen-mirroring solution for cars, Android devices, and browsers. It supports Wi-Fi and manual connections, reverse touch, internal audio, and phone-to-phone mirroring. USB tethering and Android Auto are experimental. Built as an AI-assisted Android project with real-device testing and iterative development. · GitHub

- Release: Available from the GitHub Releases section

What CastDrive does

CastDrive allows an Android phone to mirror its screen to compatible receiving devices.

Supported/tested receiver types include:

- Android phones and tablets

- Android car head units

- Compatible web browsers

- Computers through a web browser

The application currently supports screen/video mirroring, reverse touchscreen interaction where supported, internal audio where supported, Wi-Fi connections, and USB tethering.

USB tethering and Android Auto are experimental and are clearly documented as such in the project.

Development

CastDrive was developed primarily from an Android phone using Google AI Studio with AI assistance, followed by real-device testing and approximately 20 development iterations.

The project was tested with Android devices, an Android car head unit, browser receivers, Wi-Fi/hotspot connections, USB tethering, touchscreen interaction, audio, and Android Auto.

I understand that F-Droid will independently review the source code, dependencies, build process, permissions, and other inclusion requirements.

I am happy to:

- Answer packaging/build questions

- Make changes to the upstream repository if required

- Add or improve F-Droid metadata

- Provide information about the build configuration

- Fix issues identified during the packaging process

- Respond to maintainer feedback

If someone from the F-Droid community is willing to help package CastDrive, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thank you for your time and for maintaining F-Droid.