Recommend me a good video player

Vlc got soft ban in India

1 Like

mpv-android (Listen to music and watch videos)

2 Likes

Battery usgae high

Se they block f-droid too, you can’t download it from F-Droid Client?

1 Like

I can but fdroid is outdated its also on playstore but i want to follow guide by government

How can a video player app get banned? What’s the reasoning exactly?

Outdated… and the issue with that version is that it does not work on your Android 12 device or?

Distribution of vlc with shady coads by chinese hacker group sakida ig

1 Like

Actually VLC was shown to have some chinese codes.

News extract from 3 days ago when it was banned: Popular media player software, VLC Media Player, has been banned in India reportedly to avoid cyberattacks by China-backed hacking group, Cicada. The software, developed by VideoLAN, is however accessible to users who already have it installed on their devices, both mobile phones and personal computers.

Source: VLC ban in India: Devices you can use it on and the ones that you cannot - Times of India

Actually VLC was shown to have some chinese codes.

No where does it say VLC itself was explicitly compromised and imo that is unlikely the reason it was “banned”.

2 Likes

Is VLC safe to use?
Yes, it is. As long as you download VLC from the official website (or a trustworthy site), your computer should be safe from malware, because it does not contain the malicious DLL File used in these attacks.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.