Receiver permission lacks description

All apps targeting Android 13 and higher automatically get RECEIVER_NOT_EXPORTED_PERMISSION flag added to their Manifest files.

Example:

On the website and in the official app this permission lacks description for users. Can it be added? Perhaps use info provided here:

1. Visão geral de recursos e APIs  |  Desenvolvedores Android  |  Android Developers
  2. 广播概览  |  Android 开发者  |  Android Developers

These “implied” permissions are usually handled in the client app since they are usually something built into the Android OS.

The Client hides it.

The website does not :slight_smile:

Oh, I see, the description of the permssion. Sorry I missed that. In that case, it is a custom permission com.sadellie.unitto.DYNAMIC_RECEIVER_NOT_EXPORTED_PERMISSION. Official Android permissions start with android.permission. instead of com.sadellie.unitto.. This seems to be some kludge that Google added recently. It would be possible to support showing a descrption for that in the website, but it’ll require a custom kludge.

This is the text I used to describe the permission for Privacy Browser:

“Automatically added to all apps targeting API >= 33 (Android 13) to prevent other apps from connecting to dynamic receivers without explicit permission.”

I also include a link to Google’s documentation on the subject.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.