Problem installing MicroG

I added the MicroG repo but if i go to ‘microG Service Core’ page in f-droid there is no ‘install’ button, instead there is ‘open’ button which opens google setting app. How to install MicroG?
My tablet is using android 4.4.2.

You have Google Play Services installed. You won’t be able to install MicroG.

https://github.com/microg/android_packages_apps_GmsCore/wiki/Prerequisites

Can i use TitaniumBackup to uninstall Google Play Services or i need to use file manager and manually remove the google play packages in /system/priv-app? Also, i don’t have some of the packages listed in Prerequisites in my /system/priv-app directory.

This is the best solution…

That being said I do have a new device now that, even if I already removed the Google APKs from /priv-app, refuses to install microg core.

Also, see that APKs might be in some other places like /system/product/priv-app (eg. Android 10)

I removed manually GmsCore.apk and GoogleServicesFramework.apk. The other packages were not there and i don’t have /system/product/priv-app directory. After that i was able to install ‘microG Services Core’ from f-droid.

But i have other problem. I installed Xposed Framework module FakeGApps for signature spoofing and it was installed successfully. But when i check if the signature spoofing is enabled, with Signature Spoofing Checker app i downloaded from f-droid, it shows that it is disabled. Why is that? What issues i could have if the signature spoofing is disabled? I think MicroG is installed correctly, because i was able to install apps like Signal and Insight Timer, which before i couldn’t install because they wouldn’t work without updating google service.

Mastodon