Privacy and security applications

Good morning:

I have a phone with root and Lineageos with nothing from microg, nano, and nothing from Google.

Everything I use is from Fdroid.

In my device I have:

Afwall
Adaway
Autostar
App Manager
Magisk
Simple Galeria
Xposed
XPrivacyLua
Silence (for sms)
Fennec with user.js and Mul

I don’t know if you recommend me to change any application for privacy and security?

And what music player, camera (I do not know what you think of OpenCamera), or if there is any good application to have. Or application for calls (I use the lineageos), or sound recorder, system cleaner etc…

Thanks for your time and help.

I can recommend:

If you like hiking:

1 Like

Good afternoon @Jens

Thank you very much for your reply and help. I am going to try the ones you tell me about.

By the way some to replace Simple Gallery Pro | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository since I buy the apps and all ZipoApps. The good thing that there are in Fdroid are still, and will continue without weird things that can put ZipoApps

But it would be good to think of a substitute or better to be with that application? Or if there is any other better

A hug

I would recommand against Silence since they are not maintained anymore. Where did you get Xposed and XPrivacyLua?

Good afternoon @linsui

Thank you very much for your reply and help.

Comment that I carry my Huawei Nexus 6p with Lineafeos and other years. I set it up a friend, the two applications that you tell me the developer github put it. That now discontinued the project.

About Silence, it works very well for encrypted and normal sms. I was looking at Deku SMS | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

I only use it for sms, since I’m not looking for an instant messaging style, like telegram or signal. I don’t even use whatsapp. I’m dellamar and call me. I do not know if you recommend a better one?

What in the future I will have to retire my 6p, but I put a battery in the Huawei Sat that is near where I am. And it’s going great, and I’m sad to change it. And more for the use that I give him and others.

A hug

It should keep working and there is no alternatives. If you just want to talk with your friends with E2EE messagers, there are many better choices. But if you want to use SMS then maybe Silence is the only choice.

For XPosed, the original one is not maintained for a long time. Maybe you should take a look at LSPosed.

1 Like

Good afternoon @linsui

Thank you very much for your time and help :slight_smile:

About the simple gallery: Simple Gallery Pro | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository , would you leave it or use another one ? Since when you buy ZipoApps it will also be without support and without weird things. Fortunately there is Fdroid and save the project.

About E2EE messages, I don’t use instant messaging applications. But it could be used only with people I want, without being by phone number?

I don’t know what you think about Deku SMS | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository ?

I will look at LSPosed. But I would be left without XprivacyLua?

What I see is that Adaway doesn’t have much movement. And it makes me think that I will be left without support. I hope not, because there is no other application that does not include strange things, to block by host.

Best regards

I just use the LineageOS one. It’s enough for me. :slight_smile: There are many gallery apps in F-Droid. Maybe you can try the Gallery by lacoblonut.

Yes, and I thought it’s more convenient that SMS. :slight_smile:

I don’t use it. I basically don’t use SMS at all.

I thought XPrivacyLua is also supported by LSPosed. I’m not sure since I don’t use XPosed.

I don’t use such blocker. But there are some other DNS based blockers. You can have a try. For me, uBlock Origin in Firefox is enough.

1 Like

Not sure they got any audits and etc

But as said better switch your contacts to an open encrypted messaging ecosystem like XMPP or Matrix

Good afternoon @linsui

About an application to be able to talk only with the people I want. That is secure, stable and private.

But if it can be that it is not associated with my mobile number. Which one do you recommend?

I also use fennec and mull (from fdroid) with ublock and chameleon. But this way with Adaway I also keep an eye on if any connection slips through. Or I also block it for more security.

SMS I use them; as for example some older people in the family. They don’t handle it well and so if they want to tell me something, they send it to me via SMS. And then in the company they send you information by SMS or even the vet sends SMS for some things. Not to mention that some banks here work with passwords, coordinate cards, and SMS verification.

The gallery application you recommend is this one: Gallery | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository ?¿.

Any dns based blocker?

Thank you very much for your help and time

Bunas tardes @Licaon_Kter

First of all thank you very much for your help and time.

I am a novice in what you tell me. And I don’t understand it.

I do not know if you could explain more about :

you’d better switch your contacts to an open encrypted messaging ecosystem like XMPP or Matrix.

Or recommend me some application in the ecosystem that you tell me about?

Best regards and thanks for your help and time.

XMPP, Matrix, Jami, SimpleX, Status.im, Threema. None of them requires phone number.

I don’t use this though. You can have a try.

Maybe Rethink. I don’t use them.

1 Like

Conversations | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository for you, and Quicksy | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository (also available on Play) for your normie frens, on Android, for XMPP

and for those lost souls on iOS get https://monal-im.org/

1 Like

Good afternoon @linsui @Licaon_Kter

I am going to take a look at the ones you are telling me about. Among the ones you tell me about, and if you tried them. Would you choose one in particular?

By the way to look at documents LibreOffice Viewer | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository or is there any other better?

For pdf, I don’t know what you think: MuPDF mini | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository, KOReader | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository, MuPDF viewer | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

I don’t know what you think about Limpiador de caché | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository or if you know any other better one?

I use Amaze | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository even to view txt or modify user.js . But I noticed that there is Amaze File Utilities | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository . Better to put this last one or to continue with the previous one of Amaze?

And one more question if I may. A friend told me if you know of any application or something to record calls. Or if there is to record or make calls.

Thanks for your help and time.

That’s usually a hard NO unless the Android system allows it, eg. Lineage Calls app itself has a record button

Else you might need a rooted device, maybe Call Recorder | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository but installed as System via Magisk etc

1 Like

Good evening @Licaon_Kter

I use lineageos on my Nexus 6p. And the receive and make calls app, which comes standard on lineageos. And I don’t see the option.

So I’m going to try with the one you comment me.

A hug

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.