Pre-installation repos for F-Droid

I want to make my own build of firmware (based on KitKat) with pre-installed F-Droid. And I want to add offical MicroG Repo (link) in there. How I can do that?
Sorry if i make mistake with category of thread or others. I’m newby =)

1 Like

I’m no a ROM maker. But my IMHO: besides obvious code changes which imply
forking of F-Droid client code, there must be some techniques to inject
some settings to apps during the 1st run (like installing a settings.db
file in /data/data/…). Though seeking this way might be on other
resources.

Yeap… I think about that. But i was hoping to external configs or somes like that.

So… I was have to make repack for fdroid_1.0.1.
Link if anyone needed - microG Services Core - 4PDA

I’ve added a patch to my LineageOS 14.1 build, which makes a proper intent call during initial setup for adding the microg repo to the F-Droid app. Looks like a cleaner approach to me.

The intent itself looks like that:

Intent i = new Intent(Intent.ACTION_VIEW);
i.setComponent(ComponentName.unflattenFromString("org.fdroid.fdroid/org.fdroid.fdroid.views.ManageReposActivity"));
i.setData(Uri.parse("https://microg.org/fdroid/repo?fingerprint=9BD06727E62796C0130EB6DAB39B73157451582CBD138E86C468ACC395D14165"));
startActivity(i);

more details

2 Likes

You are of course welcome to customize F-Droid in your ROM, all we ask is that you use your own applicationId aka packageName for your F-Droid build. You’ll want to use the Whitelabeling support to create a custom default_repo.xml file that includes all the repos you want your F-Droid build to have. You can set your custom applicationId in app/build.gradle.

2 Likes