Osmand~ permissions location

I have installed Osmand~ 4.5.8 on a Galaxy A34-5G Android 13. The APP works very well in principle, but not in the background.

Since the APP has the permission: location “Allow access only while using the app” and not “Always allow” to select, the APP loses access to the GPS module when the screen is off. For example, when cycling, you put the smartphone in your pocket and navigate according to the directions or you only want to record a route. Here you do not need a screen display. With my old Galaxy S5 with Android 6 this worked under Osmand 3.4.6.

Now my questions:

1. where is stored what permissions you can set on an APP?
  2. how can the problem be solved?

Preformatted textIch habe Osmand~ 4.5.8 auf einen Galaxy A34-5G Android 13 installiert. Die APP funktioniert im Prinzip sehr gut, aber nicht im Hintergrund.

Da die APP die Berechtigung: Standort “Zugriff nur während der Nutzung der App zulassen” und nicht “Immer zulassen” zur Auswahl hat, verliert die APP den Zugriff auf das GPS-Modul bei ausgeschaltetem Bildschirm. Zum Beispiel bei bei Radtouren steckt man das Smartphone in die Tasche und navigiert entsprechen der Richtungsansagen oder man möchte eine Streck nur aufzeichnen. Hier braucht man keine Bildschirmanzeige. Bei meinem alten Galaxy S5 mit Android 6 funktionierte dies unter Osmand 3.4.6.

Nun meine Fragen:

1. Wo wird hinterlegt, welche Berechtigungen man bei einer APP einstellen kann?
  2. Wie kann das Problem gelöst werden?

1 Like

AFAIK an app needs to declare that they want location while running in background inside their manifest, so it’s something the developer has to change

1 Like

In Battery, did you select “no restrictions” too?

Hi!
Thanks for this tip. I have followed it up. I have turned off “Energy Saving”. Then there is no battery icon at the top of the status bar. Now OSMAND can also record tracks completely with the screen off.

Danke für den Hinweis.Ich bin dem nachgegangen.Habe “Energiesparen” abgeschaltet. Dann verschwindet das Batteriesymbol auch oben in der Statusleiste. Jetzt kann OSMAND auch Tracks bei ausgeschaltetem Bildschirm vollständig aufzeichnen.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.