OsmAnd+ : Considerable Update Delay

Does the 2.5 view work in f-droid build? For me not, but in free version from store it works (installed side by side).
I have enabled OpenGL rendering in both apps.

Nope Osmand 4.2 : 2.5D opengl mode is unavailable (#2711) · Issues · F-Droid / Data · GitLab

Feel free to say what’s missing/broken exactly

The tilt gesture does not tilt the map, but just move the map around and zoom in/out. Like the Tilt 3D gesture does not exist: Interact with map | OsmAnd

In store, there is version 4.2.6 instead of 4.2.4 in f-droid. Do not know if update will fix that.

I’d guess not: [OsmAnd~] Update to 4.2.6 (!11285) · Merge requests · F-Droid / Data · GitLab

1 Like

Just a note: I’ve been using 4.2.6 for more than a month without experiencing a glitch.

1 Like

4.2.7 has been fine for me for quite a while too.

Same here

Let’s bump it then: osmand - bump recommended (114adabb) · Commits · F-Droid / Data · GitLab

To be painfully honest, I always have minor routing glitches. Sometimes map data is at fault. If they weren’t on Microsoft proprietary github, I would report more.

Data… you mean openstreetmap map data?

Is it possible that f-droid team compile the latest osmand version for armeabi-v7a?

I’m still with Galaxy S4 and Lineageos 18

Oops it was archived, get the apk for now from: https://f-droid.org/archive/net.osmand.plus_431201.apk

Fixed in osmand - pickup 4 versions for now (1212a371) · Commits · F-Droid / Data · GitLab

1 Like

thank you for help

Hi! Has support for newer versions of OSMAND been suspended? There is a new version out since more than a month, but nothing on F-Droid. :frowning:

1 Like

No, updated as usual: Update net.osmand.plus to v4.4.7 (!12993) · Merge requests · F-Droid / Data · GitLab

Next index update will have it… remember to expand Versions :wink:

Thank you. I always look via the website and download the APKs.

Please use the F-Droid Client to get timely updates notifications and info on new apps.

The website is updater later, after the index.

Note that, the arm64 version was not built this cycle due to a network glitch, but will be retried next time.