OpenVPN connection challenge

Dear fellow F-Droid user,

Trying my VPN on OpenVPN doesn’t work, resulting in
MGMT: got unrecognized command> FATAL ERROR: cannot open TUN: Permission denied (errno=13).

before that in the log list:
GDG: SIOCGIFHWADDR(Io) failed

but before that: peer connection initiated.

OpenVPN on Replicant Samsung S2

Thank you.

1 Like

What did upstream say? Issues · schwabe/ics-openvpn · GitHub

IMHO upstream says something about wifi- and other issues that do not resemble mine.

You did open an issue with them, right?

Then I would need to register with M$, because they own Github.

In Android Permissions app, I have given OpenVPN permission to use storage.
If I now tap my VPN, I get a connection permission request, in which tapping “OK” doesn’t respond, so nothing happens.

There’s also the connectivity settings in Android, where you can select VPN, and after that you can set VPN services like Blokada on and off, but OpenVPN isn’t listed.

Ok, so OpenVPN doesn’t include the warning…

Read this, as this is your problem: https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/blob/master/FAQ.md#user-content-faq14

Thank you very much.
Closed Red Moon and suddenly I can tap OK.

So now the OpenVPN can make a succesfull connection, but then stops and restarts the authification process, which succeeds, so it’s a loop, including the following elements:

2019-02-17 19:19:14 WARNING: Compression enabled, Compression has been used in the past to break encryption. Enabling decompression of received packet only. Sent packets are not compressed.

2019-02-17 19:19:16 LZO compression initializing

2019-02-17 19:19:18 WARNING: this configuration may cache passwords in memory – use the auth-nocache option to prevent this

2019-02-17 19:19:32 WARNING: ‘link-mtu’ is used inconsistently, local=‘link-mtu 1584’, remote=‘link-mtu 1636’
2019-02-17 19:19:32 WARNING: ‘cipher’ is used inconsistently, local=‘cipher AES-256-GCM’, remote=‘cipher AES-256-CBC’
2019-02-17 19:19:32 WARNING: ‘auth’ is used inconsistently, local=‘auth [null-digest]’, remote=‘auth SHA512’

Do use some sort of free disposable email, and join Github to ask your questions in the proper place.

Register a Github user just to suggest them to moving towards Gitlab o Bitbucket.
Then delete it to stop being an active user.

did you use free version of vpn or you pay and what the difference between free version and premium?

It’s a paid vpn and there’s no free version.
So for the time being I just use the Blokada app, which is free.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.