Number Guesser is in F-Droid archive

Hi!, Long time I develop an application, actually, I can found it in the F-Droid Archive repository, a few days ago I committed a new version, and I have many questions:

1. If I have my app in the archive and update, Will the algorithm find it?
  2. How can I put my new version in the main repository?

Thank you for your time!, sorry for my English.

Hi! It depends on the settings in your metadata file. What’s your app name/id? I can take a look.

1 Like

com.numguesser.tonio_rpchp.numberguesser

Ok.

According to your application page and metadata file, the latest version of your app F-Droid knows about is “2.0.1”.

So I think all you need to do is make a new release on github, on your releases page: Releases · Reepeecheep/NumberGuesser · GitHub

After that, F-Droid will check github and see the new release tag, then pull the changes and build a new apk for you. That can take anywhere from 1 to 7 days depending on a lot of things, but if you check the application page it will tell you when F-Droid notices the changes and if there was a build problem or if everything was successful.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Application page shows this error:

fatal: unable to access ‘GitHub - Reepeecheep/NumberGuesser: A Simple Number Guesser Game for Android’: Could not resolve host: github.com

https://f-droid.org/wiki/page/com.numguesser.tonio_rpchp.numberguesser/lastbuild_4

I’m guessing that that’s just a temporary DNS failure on the build server. I would say you should have them re-run it, but when I tried building it with fdroid I get the following error:

/home/tom/repositories/fdroiddata/build/com.numguesser.tonio_rpchp.numberguesser/app/src/main/java/com/numguesser/tonio_rpchp/numberguesser/Guesser.java:152: error: cannot find symbol
            switch_image(R.drawable.android_genio_o);
                                   ^
  symbol:   variable android_genio_o
1 error
:app:compileReleaseJavaWithJavac FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

When I check the source, I see that android_genio.png is not defined for all resolutions, so that’s probably the cause. I think you could put the image in /drawable/ (with no resolution specified) and have it work.

Ok, ready :slight_smile:

Do I need to create a new release?, I did put my image in drawable

Hi! Sorry for the late response: family issues. I’ve tested and I get further, but it’s failing on a missing translation for “OK”. You can perform that part of the tests for yourself by going into your source directory and running this:

$ cd app
$ …/gradlew lintVitalRelease

After it builds properly, make sure to increment the app version and code in your build.gradle. You can either push a new release, or delete and recreate the release and tags on Github and ask someone in fdroid to trigger a rebuild.

1 Like