No updates in the F-Droid repo?

Good afternoon:

I don’t know if it is problem of my device, of my fdroid.

But I saw that the developers are releasing new versions of the apps on their github for example.

But I use the ones released by fdroid, but they haven’t been released for a long time.

Best regards and thanks for your help

Hello!
See this: F-Droid Monitor Missing Builds - #2 by Licaon_Kter.
Hope this helps; I am waiting for fixes and new updates as well.

1 Like

There a networking issue that slows down the current cycle, hence the delay.

4 Likes

Which apps exactly?

1 Like

In my case, I am waiting for the build of my app (OpenMoneyBox), which update was pushed during last cycle).
I let @gallegonovato to list the ones of his/her original concern.

1 Like

In your case the update Update OpenMoneyBox to 3.4.2.1 (51) (71e97cdf) · Commits · F-Droid / Data · GitLab was added after the currently delayed cycle started, so next one should build it

2 Likes

I’m experiencing the same.

Good afternoon @igor-cali @Licaon_Kter

Thank you very much for your help and time.

I didn’t know about this bug.

In my case there are several: Adaway, Fennec, Mull, App Manager, Libretube, Simple Gallery and some more. Since I use everything from fdroid on my lineageos without anything from Google.

But I hope the bug will be fixed soon.

A hug and thanks for your answers and help.

1 Like

in my case it was with an actual F-droid v16.1 on a xperia 5 III with android 13

Looks like the repo index does not get updated.
I am waiting for the Telegram-FOSS update, witch was built successfully 10 days ago (21.03.):
https://monitor.f-droid.org/builds/log/org.telegram.messenger/32139#site-footer

But only the old version is available via website or app:

Good afternoon:

There are a few that were updated on their github or on the creator’s page. But they do not come out neither in Fdroid, nor on the web.

For example an acquaintance uses droidify to update things from github, but this application does not come out in its latest version on Fdroid.

Or FFUpdater, SimpleMobileTools, and many more.

It remains to hope that the Fdroid problem is solved.

Best regards

F-droid now works again.
There is a new version of f-droid too.
Thank you

Good afternoon @Licaon_Kter

Thank you very much for your effort and help

Now it seems that the new updates/upgrades are coming back out again.

But they are still missing. Like for example

And more, we hope to see if everything is back to normal :slight_smile: :ok_hand:

A hug

They were added already to the metadata: Update Simple Gallery Pro to 6.26.6 (387) (109037b3) · Commits · F-Droid / Data · GitLab & adaway - bump ndk (e0df2ceb) · Commits · F-Droid / Data · GitLab so they should be built this cycle: running - F-Droid Monitor

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your work and effort. One question the links that you tell me I have to wait for it to come out in fdroid or you have to download it?

Sorry for the question but I never had problem or failures like that. And I’m greener than a lettuce jajajajajajaja

Also comment on App Manager Releases · MuntashirAkon/AppManager · GitHub

And the ones from Simple Mobile Tools · GitHub that are missing in fdroid and on the web.

OR GitHub - tutao/tutanota: Tutanota is an email service with a strong focus on security and privacy that lets you encrypt emails, contacts and calendar entries on all your devices.

Sorry to give you so many headaches.

I sincerely hope that Fdroid is back to the way it used to be. I know how much work it is to review each app and upload it. That’s why I thank you for ALL FDROID.

Best regards

The links tell you multiple things:

• if it’s there
  • when it was added (or fixed)
  • (and if you select top right View file and then top left dropdown, master) you can see if other versions were added

Armed with the when above you can look at running - F-Droid Monitor “start time” and draw the conclusion if it was added before the cycle started (so current cycle would try to build it) or after (and the next cycle will)

As an exercise for the reader do track down the info for the other apps that you are interested in.

/PS: as usual bugs happen so things might fail along the way.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your help and of course for the explanation. Now it is clear to me :slight_smile:

It’s nice to see the team behind Fdroid. Thank you very much for such a wonderful app and website.

Best regards

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.