No F-Droid account?

Hi,
I just had to replace my phone due to a crash and hade several apps from F-Doid installed.
No I have to face the fact that I don’t know which Apps I had installed from F-Droid.
Is there any way to create an account on F-Droid so I can see which Apps I have/had installed on my phone?
If not are there any plans for such a function?

1 Like

That means that there will be a record of what the user does and I think they are against that here.
I guess you’ll have to annotate locally the applications you have installed, you can also just download them as apk or make a backup.

1 Like

That’s a funny problem to have :slight_smile:

As you install apps as you need/want them not sure how you’ve lost anything? You’ll need them again…

1 Like

Also [Feature Request] Add option to import/export list of installed apps (#1484) · Issues · F-Droid / Client · GitLab

1 Like

Don’t you feel installing apps for the second time is a tedious process and you simply waste your bandwidth downloading the apps again, then BARIA is for you. :innocent:

1 Like

Yes, forgot about that… note… on restore… be careful not to leave the “baria.apk” in the folder :wink: else restore of the other apps will stop

1 Like

Thanks for the many answers.
When it comes to an account I was not thinking of a mandatory account, but on a “If you like to, register”. When I have to re-install my phone I don’t always remember weather I got an app from the playstore or from f-droid. That’s why I find it appealing to register and get all my apps straight in a rush :slight_smile:
I use Titanium Backup for backup and restore, but the step from Android9 to 10 was painfull. Many apps complained that they where an outdated version, so I had to update or even delete and reinstall these.
Thanks again.

1 Like

Since a couple of days we also have OAndBackupX
Apps and data backup :star_struck:

2 Likes

Old Oandbackup worked too :slight_smile:

1 Like

I agree that it is nice to be able to restore a device, I don’t think accounts are required to do that well. Accounts are especially useful for tracking people, we do not want to do that. So services like Google make their users believe that accounts are required so they can track people effectively.

2 Likes

Hi,

Maybe a bit exotic but I go for

adb shell pm list packages | grep -v “com.google.” (…) and so on

and let it output a quite close list of apps I’ve installed myself after flashing the phone with default android/google stuff. The text goes to my documentation folder (git) to track changes.

I’ve downloaded APK’s for all my apps from Fdroid once and made a batch like

adb install …pkg…

for every app I have including fdroid.apk based on the package list or app icons visible on the launcher. After factory resetting my phone I just head to enable ADB, launch the batch script from PC and everything gets loaded to the phone again. Then, of course, apps are outdated but fdroid client will update them and the work is done. I’m interested in trying oAndBackupX next when I’ve got time for it.

1 Like

Well, Oandbackup (or X) is much better as you backup config too. So apps are already in much better shape, you still need to grant permissions and open them at least once though.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.