Newpipe/Skytube not working

I don’t know WTF I’m doing wrong.

First, i have newpipe for a week and it works fine until suddenly nothing ever plays again. Just continuous loading. So i grab skytube and again nothing works. Every random video i pick gives me the same video playback error.

I cleared cache, cleared data, rebooted, force closed newpipe several times and nothing fixed it.

For skytube, i literally just installed it and all the videos i pick won’t play. What am i missing? What am i doing wrong??!?

NewPipe often randomly breaks when YouTube changes their site, but I just tried a random YouTube video in it and have no trouble.

Did you install some DNS blocker/filter app perhaps that could be blocking YouTube?

Hi there,
Wow, i had my VPN on, and that was what was causing the issue. I did not know that could be the cause, so thank you so very much! It was driving me mental.

Skytube has not been updated in almost 5 months now. That is bound to break with foogle updating footube almost daily. NewPipe tries to update as soon as they can though.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.