New UI / UX of F-Droid app

client

I stll have a lot of ideas for this and want to continue there. Unfortunately I have had very little to no time for this project lately. :-/

1 Like

I first believed fdroid client could move to SharedUser Id (with privileged ext) which always break upgrading process; thx to @hans explanation it won’t:

F-Droid and Privileged Extension should be as isolated from each other
as possible to better enforce the security limitations. They should
always be signed by separate keys, with Privileged Extension signed by
the ROM and F-Droid signed by an app key. If you are shipping the
official F-Droid builds, then it must ship with the F-Droid signature.

, so 102.3 old signed version is still fine, for now, as a prebuilt in rom; will add privileged ext in my next microG Treble rom

v0.102.3 still works but has known bugs and security issues that have
been fixed in more recent versions.

2 Likes

@hans , I noticed fdroid/client don’t check if privileged apk was disabled or not, by user (through general aosp/settings/apps ) https://gitlab.com/fdroid/fdroidclient/blob/master/app/src/main/java/org/fdroid/fdroid/installer/PrivilegedInstaller.java#L268

this tiny patch could do the trick : https://gitlab.com/oF2pks/fdroidclient/commit/14cf8e3d879b4659530acd57281899030e6d6661

You should submit these things as a merge request in gitlab.

looks good, can you submit that in a merge request?

On my device Nokia 6.1 Running Android 9.0 pie, Install button is not responsive, when I click it, there is no sign button is pushed, and there is some lags in UI, so UI needs some rework, I will join into development when I have free time.

1 Like

F-Droid 1.6 ? Did you wait for it to download?

whenever i use fdroid client app, i get same experience as i got in internet explorer :zipper_mouth_face:.
if fdroid developer can’t make it is better than it will be go as IE.

No, but in updates this happens very often, and the updater is often annoying and the UI is buggy.

What device? Android version? Issue?

You said “install” not “update”? There’s a known issue that was fixed in 1.6 if I recall correctly.

Ok, but I am having lags on updates UI, when I click update all, nothing happens, and then when clicking Show all, nothing happens, until you pause and resume the app.

Mastodon