Hi, for some reason I was stuck at 0.102 until then, and I had to force the update. And then I had to create an account here to add my own rant
First, good point on repo update, it’s indeed faster
But I’m afraid that’s about it for the pros. I understand you want to make it more appealing to people but design is not just look, it’s look and feel.
I won’t comment the look, because, well I don’t like it at all but that’s just personal taste vs current fashion for rounded things and other weird stuff.
Seriously, this is a huge regression in terms of usability, I don’t have time to read but I suppose most have already mentioned, but here’s my list:
- Lastest apps list wastes screen space, 10 apps instead of 14 in the installed list. It also tries to scale small icons which doesn’t help.
- Categories, well, where do I start from? The tab takes 5s to load here on my antique tablet, because it wants to display all the backgrounds, and put all the list at once. It was instantaneous in previous version. Plus it’s just not usable at all. It looks nice, but it’s not usable. I just now see the “list all” button per category, and the list there is much simpler.
- License is completely gone from all the lists. Now one has to go to the app detail, and click on the Links to have it shown.
- Swiping left/right doesn’t change tab anymore.
- Instead sometimes when trying to swipe, or just scrolling a list up, it updates the repo too easily. Ok the previous UI required targeting a really small button, but still…
- Installed apps are lost somewhere in the settings space.
- The proximity tab I never used and probably will never use. Not sure why it’s in the middle.
- Settings are in a regular tab, but people are used to exit settings with the back button to go back to the app, and instead they just exit it.
- While it’s now possible to download all updates at once, one still has to click 4 times to update each app (or do I have to target the update button more precisely??)…