Neo Backup don't work with my Redmi Note 8 Pro?

Hi !

sorry I’m french.

But when I want to turn on this app, this message appear…

what I have to do to resolve this ?

Thanks

The app needs your device to provide root access, or (superuser) su. eg. via Magisk or some other mechanism.

1 Like

but I don’t lose all my data if I root access my phone ?

This is something you should have setup before.

Yes, NOW you’ll lose you data.

No, you can’t use NeoBackup NOW.

1 Like

I d’ont understand… I lost all my data if I use Magisk ?
Because, you scribe “NOW”…
And no more later if I use NeoBackup.

I don’t know what I have to do…

Any tutorial on Internet ?

https://www.xda-developers.com/how-to-install-magisk/ ?

You can’t use Neo Backup now to backup your data.

You can backup files and export whatever data you can from the apps that have that.

If you want to get root, yes, you’ll do stuff… and that will DELETE ALL YOUR DATA, you’ll re-setup your device from scratch.

After that… then you can start to use Neo Backup.

Yes, see WARNINGs and “wipe all data” and all that

Better read on XDA forums about how to do it for your device.

1 Like

I think I will try to do it on a new phone… Because, I don’t want to lost all my data now…

Thanks !
Have a nice day.

If you previously unlocked the bootloader on your phone (to install a custom rom) then rooting your phone with Magisk won’t delete all your files.
Otherwise if you are starting the entire procedure of unlocking your phone’s bootloader then deleting your entire data is part or the process.

1 Like

Depending on custom ROM you might not be able to install Magisk, eg. Calyx, Divest, Graphene can re-lock bootloader :wink:

1 Like

Not sure about the other security focused roms, but I just switched from LineageOS to DivestOS two days ago and also installed Magisk with it. It’s just not officially supported, but works just fine. (My Phone doesn’t support relocking since Android 12, so it’s not an issue anyways now)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.