My release and F-Droid build APK differs, why?

Hello, the latest version (v0.4.0) of my application osm2gmaps does not pass the tests, the build differs between my APK and the one that build F-Droid during the tests.

Merge request with failed build: Update net.retiolus.osm2gmaps.yml:... (!14821) · Merge requests · F-Droid / Data · GitLab

Apparently there are classes in my APK that are not in the test build. I don’t explicitly use these classes, from what I understand they are generated at build time. I don’t understand where the problem could come from, and I don’t have enough experience in Android development to understand what’s going on.

I’ve already published a new version, which I hope will pass! But I’d like to understand what’s going on here, why the different APKs and try to fix the problem, thanks for your time.

The MR is still open, we can continue the discussion there so the information is not spread all over :slight_smile:

/LE: oh wait, did you remove your MR branch ? :frowning:

No…? I did not remove it

not sure, maybe gitlab is glitching

I know, I’ve checked too… odd :slight_smile:

The issue was coming from git ignored files that weren’t removed while checkout out the version tag. Solved doing a git clean after checkout.

3 Likes