Mull Browser - Privacy Oriented Browser

@naveen
Cookie control is unavailable because first party isolation is enabled.

And yes the icon changed color.

Thanks for the detail.

Latest app icon in black screen does not look bright.
I thought most of us use black screen in back ground.

My personal suggestion only.

Any update planned? From 99.1.1 Fenix build

It is delayed due to a bug, not neglect:

Thx, wait til fix bug…

Any news about new version? Issue not solved yet?

No change, 100.1.0 has the same issue.

very sad, but will stay tuned )

@SkewedZeppelin

Hello,
Sorry to disturb you.
Mull is an excellent browser. Thank you very much for your contribution!

The question started with this :

Why can’t I use always-on private browsing?
We have decided to hide that option as it doesn’t provide any benefit over the default cleaning mechanism of LibreWolf. Instead it introduces many regressions, as it doesn’t respect cookie exceptions and installed addons, while also being fingerprintable.

I always use private browsing mode on Mull. So I wonder if there are some similar advice for the Mull.

Thank you again. :grin:

I seem to have made a mistake, sorry for that. The original post was merged into here, the title & question is " Should normal browsing mode be preferred over private browsing mode on Mull browser? "

Private browsing basically only works to not save history and cookies so the only case where it may be useful is if you share your device with someone else and don’t want them to know the sites you visit. It does not protect in any way from online tracking that sites do. And this applies to any browser

@LibreNoooob

I personally just use normal browsing with clear on close.

3 Likes

I set my browsers up to not store data and clear everything on exit, same as using private mode.

does not work in the current version of HTTP mode in the previous 102.1.0 o worked if HTTPS is not available. Addon uBlock, NoScript instaled

@dek
What does not work?

HTTP mode in latest version

What’s the trick / settings needed to change in Mull to be able to see weather data & maps at https://sataako.fi ? (Shows only radar information for Finland, domain name would be translated as “will it rain” which describes pretty well meaning of site. Doesn’t show forecast, just actual situation & short history)

For Bromite I need to allow exception for that site to use webgl but didn’t yet find that settings in Mull.

Edit: at about:config I could change webgl.disabled to false, but I would prefer just exception to that one site.

There is no way to do one off exceptions for most of these settings on mobile sadly.

Other workarounds are noted here for future reference: Broken - DivestOS Mobile

1 Like

Thanks for reply & confirming that. It’s not big issue to use that specific one with Bromite which allows exception & add it to home screen.