As there are efforts to make the website look more modern, I thought that maybe we could do the same to the client, to be more attractive to new users. Some comparisons: (Aurora, G-Droid, F-Droid)
Personally, I think that F-Droid is the least attractive the first two in all cases, in the third one I do not have any preference.
This will confuse a novice user:
- The “installed apps” are hidden somewhere in the settings
- There are three kinds of viewing a list of apps:
- “What is nearby? / I have a flatrate, why would I need it?”
- use a start page similar to G-Droid’s one
- Ask @webDev whether he/she would like to do something about the design?
- Hide “Nearby”
- Use an “Update” screen similar to Aurora’s one, which also contains the installed apps