Kodi - F-Droid build

Hello to the whole F-Droid team!

I noticed that the Kodi application is always updated with a huge delay on F-droid (the latest official version is 19.3 but 19.1 on F-Droid).

A Kodi maintainer indicated that the Kodi team was not handling builds on F-droid:

In that case, does anyone know what the problem is and if we can help about this?

Good question, we don’t seem to have an update checker enabled but I can’t tell why.

Going to try enabling it, see what the system does, and ask the rest of the F-Droid team to check: Enable AutoUpdate for Kodi (!10191) · Merge requests · F-Droid / Data · GitLab

1 Like

Thank you TheLastProject!
Let’s see what happens then.

2021-12-09 17:23:54,973 ERROR: ...checkupdate failed for org.xbmc.kodi : Couldn't find any version information

Well, there is the answer.

So someone will have to keep updating this manually and I guess we don’t have anyone who cares to keep on top. I don’t use Kodi myself, but given we have nobody else, I’ve subscribed myself to new GitHub releases and will try to keep it up-to-date from now on: Update Kodi to 19.3 (!10192) · Merge requests · F-Droid / Data · GitLab

5 Likes

Thanks for handling this.
If I can be of any help…

hi, can it be that the checker checks from the blog? that is, if they can adopt a standard layout etc…

Nevertheless, the github releases show a version number.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.