KeePassDX open database with fingerprint

Hi,

I’m facing a well know problem using KeePassDX…

Weeks ago when I was first installing this app I had problems when aktivating “opening by fingerprint” because the app always said when trying to use my fingerprint “there is no password yet” even when I opend the app several times before and also activated the “biometric unlok” option…
After 10 to 20 times it was working without doing nything different…
Now I changed the data file and all begins again, I’m so fed up of this app but there is no other…

What is the correct way of doing it and is it working on our devices?

I’m using Android 12…

Cheers
Markus

Click on fingerprint icon upon opening database screen. Then type the password/key and the app will give you an option/popup to apply the fingerprint. It has always worked for me normally.

Did you report to the devs upstream? Issues · Kunzisoft/KeePassDX · GitHub

OK, I found out what I did a few weeks ago when it was finaly working…

After typing in the Password on the first dialog screen after opening the app and activating the biometric unlocking you have to type on the fingerprint logo on top of the password…

That’s not very understandable and other apps do not work that way thtat’s why your not expecting it that way…

The normal behavior of an app with bio unlocking is that when you activated the option in the menu it’s working, you don’t have to assigne it in the first dialog on the signin screen and especially not the way it’s working herein this app…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.