It's difficult to root a new Smartphone?

Hi !

I want to save all date on an application which I use very often…
But I don’t use Neo Backup because my present smartphone don’t have root enabled…
It is an Xiaomi RN 8 Pro 128 Gb version. On Android 10.
I don’t want to reinitialize device because I loste everything.
I wait to buy a new Smartphone and root this new one.
I never try this.

Thanks

Same here. A thought has struck, but not sure if exposed to /data and /app-data is possible via adb. :frowning:

1 Like

Depends on model. see XDA forums about how to do that.

Note that some custom ROMs like Calyx have SeedVault that can help with backups, without root.

2 Likes

Adb can save/restore app data but any app can disable that… and many do.

1 Like

Yeah, but on a non-rooted phone? How? I tried searching and trying, but cannot seem to get anything to help me with it. If it works, it will help me save as well as restore app data for non-rooted phone.

1 Like

Yes, on an unrooted phone… and any App is free to block this.

Yes, I understood it the first time itself, hence asking: how to save and restore?

https://9to5google.com/2017/11/04/how-to-backup-restore-android-device-data-android-basics/

1 Like

Thanks, let me try this. :slight_smile:

adb backup was always finicky for me, try a USB2 port 'cause 3 fails, try the previous or next adb program version, etc

1 Like

For the more technically minded, this might add some useful information

1 Like

BU backup should be good. Thanks, will try this.

Unfortunately both options above does not work on non-rooted device, especially on LG & Vivo. :frowning: Gives read only error, no matter what.
Still, thanks for helping.

Edit: I removed whatever I could via adb and also disabled the same way.

Unfortunately the new AB systems take up so mich space upon every update. When I purchased the OS was 15-16GB and now upon 3 updates it is almost 22GB.
Anyways…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.