Issues running the buildserver

Hi all,
I’m trying to help to update the ScummVM package, that is pretty old.
Thanks to Marcus (aka Bubu on Gitlab) suggestions, I’ve successfully installed the buildserver, but now when I try to build the fdroid app, I get these errors:

==== detail begin ====
== Installed Android Tools ==

INFO: Creating log directory
INFO: Creating temporary directory
INFO: Creating output directory
INFO: Building version 1.0 (1000010) of org.fdroid.fdroid
INFO: Getting source for revision 1.0
INFO: Creating local.properties file at build/srclib/fdroidclient/local.properties
INFO: Creating local.properties file at build/srclib/fdroidclient/app/local.properties
INFO: Cleaning Gradle project…
INFO: Scanning source for common problems…
ERROR: Found JAR file at libs/gradle-witness.jar
INFO: Removing gradle-wrapper.jar at gradle/wrapper/gradle-wrapper.jar
ERROR: Found JAR file at app/libs/binaryDeps/nanohttpd-2.1.0.jar
ERROR: Found JAR file at app/libs/binaryDeps/zipsigner.jar
ERROR: Found AAR file at app/libs/binaryDeps/support-v4-preferencefragment-release.aar
ERROR: Found JAR file at app/src/test/resources/index.microg.jar
ERROR: Found JAR file at app/src/test/resources/testy.at.or.at_no-.RSA_index-v1.jar
ERROR: Found JAR file at app/src/test/resources/index-v1.fdroid.2017-07-07.jar
ERROR: Found JAR file at app/src/test/resources/testy.at.or.at_no-signature_index-v1.jar
ERROR: Found JAR file at app/src/test/resources/simpleIndexWithCorruptedEverything.jar
ERROR: Found JAR file at app/src/test/resources/testy.at.or.at_index-v1.jar
ERROR: Found JAR file at app/src/test/resources/index.antox.jar
ERROR: Found JAR file at app/src/test/resources/simpleIndexWithoutSignature.jar
ERROR: Found JAR file at app/src/test/resources/testy.at.or.at_no-.SF_index-v1.jar
ERROR: Found JAR file at app/src/test/resources/index.fdroid.2016-11-10.jar
ERROR: Found JAR file at app/src/test/resources/masterKeyIndex.jar
ERROR: Found JAR file at app/src/test/resources/multiRepo.normal.jar
ERROR: Found JAR file at app/src/test/resources/simpleIndex.jar
ERROR: Found JAR file at app/src/test/resources/simpleIndexWithCorruptedManifest.jar
ERROR: Found JAR file at app/src/test/resources/multiRepo.conflicting.jar
ERROR: Found JAR file at app/src/test/resources/simpleIndexWithCorruptedSignature.jar
ERROR: Found JAR file at app/src/test/resources/multiRepo.archive.jar
ERROR: Found JAR file at app/src/test/resources/index.fdroid.2016-10-30.jar
ERROR: Found JAR file at app/src/test/resources/testy.at.or.at_no-MANIFEST.MF_index-v1.jar
ERROR: Found JAR file at app/src/test/resources/simpleIndexWithCorruptedCertificate.jar
INFO: Removing APK file at app/src/test/assets/urzip.apk
INFO: Removing APK file at app/src/androidTest/assets/org.fdroid.permissions.minmax.apk
INFO: Removing APK file at app/src/androidTest/assets/org.fdroid.permissions.sdk14.apk
ERROR: Found JAR file at app/src/androidTest/assets/simpleIndex.jar
INFO: Removing APK file at app/src/androidTest/assets/org.fdroid.extendedpermissionstest.apk
ERROR: Could not build app org.fdroid.fdroid: Can’t build due to 25 errors while scanning
==== detail end ====

Any help please? thank you very much :slight_smile:

Ha, I’m about to fix that :slight_smile:

The problem here is that jar files included inside a repo (i.e. non-verifiable binary dependencies) have just a few days ago become an error instead of a warning.

In this case don’t worry that org.fdroid.fdroid doesn’t build right now. Or you can also add the --skip-scan for now to ignore scanning errors and focus just on the build procedure.

Ah ok thanks! I’m trying with the --skip-scan argument, but now I get this:

OpenJDK 64-Bit Server VM warning: INFO: os::commit_memory(0x00000000eae87000, 241324032, 0) failed; error=‘Cannot allocate memory’ (errno=12)
:app:transformClassesWithDexForRelease FAILED

FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

• What went wrong:
    Execution failed for task ‘:app:transformClassesWithDexForRelease’.

com.android.build.api.transform.TransformException: com.android.ide.common.process.ProcessException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException

• Try:
    Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace. Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.

BUILD FAILED

is this a known issue too?

This one is new to me…

This is for building which application?

Does your buildserver vm have enough RAM/swap?

Still trying to build fdroid.
My VM have 1GB of ram, and it is build from the same vagrantfile you posted in the gitlab “ScummVM” issue… :confused:

I think 1 GB is too little for a modern android toolchain, this is controlled by makebuildserver.config.py inside dir where you are running ./makebuildserver.

You can look at ./examples/makebuildserver.config.py for all the available options.

The default definitely needs changing though…

Ok so I need to update this value and then run ./makebuildserver again?

Yeah, I think that’s the easiest solution (I guess you could also manually, modify the created buildserver vagrant base box… but I don’t really know how one would do that)

I was able to successfully build FDroid using 3GB of ram! So yeah, too few RAM was the problem :wink:

Okay, it is time to focus on ScummVM now! I’ll keep you updated @Bubu reporting my progress in the Gitlab issue!

1 Like