Issue with gesture typing in heliboard

I was using heliboard 2.2 in a very old scamsung phone having android 12. It had the the .so library selected for gesture typing. I had to flash the device due to bootloop to android 13. Now when I installed heliboard 2.2 and selected the .so file then nothing happened at all. Then installed the latest version 4.1 and downloading the arm64-v8a library from here, the raw .so file, openboard/app/src/main/jniLibs at 46fdf2b550035ca69299ce312fa158e7ade36967 · erkserkserks/openboard · GitHub but again when I select this file then absolutely nothing happens at all. What is going on and how to fix this?

Kindly raise it with them.

Will do thank you.

Can u suggest another foss keyboard which has gesture typing?

@shuvashish76 maybe you are aware.

I haven’t tried it but there’s

And then there’s Futo, which is source available (but not FOSS)

Personally I don’t like gesture typing, from my past experiences too many mistakes and wrong word predictions/suggestions (not specific to HeliBoard). Maybe things improved recently but now I’m comfortable with manual typing.

I have never used gesture typing and always used the 3 button navigation, so I have no idea as well of how gesture typing or navigation works. I prefer manual typing.

Have you tried LeanType?

Gesture/swipe typing is a mixed bag. It can, in some cases, speed up your typing. At other times, the word comes out wrong and you hope the suggested words are correct, or you have to try again slowly and deliberately. I’m weird enough to use a combination of “normal” and gesture typing.

I’m not a fan of AI enhancements in the keyboard. IMO, LeanType is basically AI-infused HeliBoard.