Is there any reason why Fennec maintainers do not allow access to extra addons the way Mull and Iceraven do?

It’s because it has to comply with some guidelines ?

You can add add-ons to Fennec F-Droid the same way you can in Mull.

Mull (-Fenix) is quite literally based off of Fennec F-Droid, with merely branding and config changes on top.

Well I have only 18 addons available on Fennec version from F-droid in settings /…/add-ons, while for example on Iceraven there is limitless amount. Maybe noone noticed that before. And I never tried to sideload it though.

You need to enable custom addon collection in secret settings. Then you can use Iceraven’s collection if you like it. Iceraven just uses its own collection while fennec uses the official one.

1 Like

Iceraven has a patch to show more than 50 add-ons in a collection however.

Personally I believe you only need uBlock Origin.

Iceraven has a patch to show more than 50 add-ons in a collection however.

Could you point to the patch? I can integrate it into Fennec is it’s not very intrusive.

1 Like

I think they use this https://github.com/fork-maintainers/iceraven-browser/blob/fork/app/src/main/java/io/github/forkmaintainers/iceraven/components/PagedAddonCollectionProvider.kt and override the version from android-components, but commit history is a mess.

P.S. I haven’t been able to get 92.1.0 to compile [WIP] Fennec 92.1.0 (8bf028fe) · Commits · DivestOS Mobile / Mull-Fenix · GitLab even with vanilla MozAppServices

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.