IP cam Android App

Hi,

Someone knows an open source IP Cam android app please ?

Thx

Found with google search

The only app from that website, that works on Android and is Open Source is “zmNinja”:
https://pliablepixels.github.io/#demo
The developer declared the end of live with the end of 2021 …

Spielmops

I have used in the past contacam, It’t a good one(windows only), i’ve used genius vision too. Also a good choice. I wonder what happened to shinobi, it looked like it had a promising future, and was open source, last time I checked… But at a time I didn’t like it… (None are for android though…)

Honestly I don’t recommend running your ip camera server on android(too little processing power), also i imagine the disk I/O would be an issue if you have a few hd cameras…
There are calculators online to figure out how much disk I/O(input/output) is needed for the desired camera count at desired resolution(also, how much ram, if you want the motion detection).

I can tell you my ip camera server specs when I get home, if you’re interested. For me, ram is the issue…

As for running them on your phone, if a project like postmarketOS is available for your device, you could try installing it, and then installing(compiling?) ZoneMinder on that phone…
There are tutorials on how to set up a debian virtual machine on android, so you could then try installing something like zoneminder or shinobi on that…

But even if you buy a fast enough sd card, how long would it last with all those writes(and whats a point of a nvr if you don’t record the video)…

Thank you very much about yours answers but, I think I wasn’t precise enough … I have an Ip Camera on my private network and i can access to it with web interface. I just look for an android app to connect to it and look live video without this web interface.
I knows zoneminder or shinobi but i don’t want to use this kind of system for now, just an app to connect directly to my camera.

Oh? Use vlc then, just figure out the rtsp address…
Tell me how it goes

It’s right … I didn’t think to use vlc simply … I had try this kind of app : https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.biyee.onvifer but not open-source
I go to try vlc…

Most IP-cameras have a webinterface. In my humbe opinion the easiest way to get the live-view is a browser-favorite on the “desktop”, regardless of OS.

@Spielmops I’m agree but it isn’t ergonomic with smartphone …
I tried with VLC and all works fine.
Thank you all

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.