Index File - error opening zip file

Hi, I have installed f-droid on my Samsung Galaxy Tab A running Android 8.1 and on my Samsung A21s phone running Android 10. Up until recently all was ok but now on my tab, whenever I try to update the repos I get the following error:

“Error getting f-droid index file - unable to open zip file. All other repos updated”

This is only on my tab, the phone updates ok.
I have the following repos active:

F-droid archive
F-droid
Guardian project archive
Guardian project official releases
Bitwarden f-droid repo
App Repository Info - IzzyOnDroid (unsigned)
Microg f-droid repo

All the posts i have been able to find relate to f-droid servers running on desk/laptops so any help would be appreciated.

Rgds
Dave

A few weeks ago we have discussed on this error and this is the post.

The problem is the F-Droid Archive repository interacting with the main repo i.e. you main repo “F-Droid” which stores the apps you use from f-droid.org.

You don’t need this repo as previously mentioned because all you use are usually from the main repo, and @Licaon_Kter mentioned that it’s only for developing usages. Therefore switch off syning the “F-Droid Archive” will solve the error and won’t affect your daily usages.

Hi JohnFai,

Tks for responding.

My bad, i should have said that i saw that post and have already tried that with no effect. I have also cleared the cache for the app, again no difference.

It onlyseems to affect the zip file with Android 8 on my Tab and not Android 10 on my phone.

So I have now uninstalled f-droid v1 and reinstalled f-droid v1.11 and all seems to be ok.

Tks for the help

Rgds
Dave

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.