Huwai MatePad without Crapware (only F-Droid)

Hi

I am new to Huwai MatePad. I bought because no need for a Google account.
But there is lots of crapware installed. I wish to remove all that stuff and only use Apps from F-Droid.

I use OpenLauncher, but maybe there is something more beautiful? I use Firefox Beta (FFUpdater from F-Droid) but maybe something better?

Only very few apps I could uninstall, most apps only ā€œForce Stopā€. How to remove all Huwai apps the simplest way?

thanks

You may try uninstalling(disabling) applications via adb. Usually itā€™s possible to disable more apps from adb than from system settings.

Application dans Lineage ne fonctionne pas - #9 by Licaon_Kter :wink:

What Henry refers to is something like

adb shell "pm uninstall --user 0 <packageName>"

(i.e. you need to know the package name of the app you want to get rid off, then you can make use of the multi-user feature to make it unavailable to your ā€œprimary userā€ even if no other users exist). If the term ā€œADBā€ (standing for ā€œAndroid Debug Bridgeā€) is new to you, you can find a quick intro and overview e.g. in one of my articles: ADB for end-users.

PS: alternatively to pm uninstall (e.g. in case it doesnā€™t work for you), thereā€™s also pm disable (which often works even if the ā€œDisableā€ button on the app is grayed out in settings).

follow my link :slight_smile:

Je ne parlez pas franƧais (ā† this probably is the only complete sentence I know in French ā€“ except for the addition: Parlez-vous anglese? Allemagne? Oh merdeā€¦ :rofl:)

So you donā€™t recommend uninstall crapware with adb shell "pm uninstall --user 0 <packageName>"?

Thatā€™s what Iā€™ve said when I explain HOW TO REMOVE? :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.