How update if app repo is archived?

How to update if app repo is archived? Please kindly provide an example.

Please add more details.

What you have (which version)?

What you need (other version)?

Where is it (repo)?

Device version, Android version, etc

uk.co.richyhbm.monochromatic

The app is available: Monochromatic | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

Ok, you want to do what?

I want to add info about repo archival status in description of app on fdroiddata yml file?

So go to metadata/uk.co.richyhbm.monochromatic.yml · master · F-Droid / Data · GitLab and Edit… add some text under Description: keeping the alignment :slight_smile:

I got confused when i was told to revert misc changes (!13326) · Merge requests · F-Droid / Data · GitLab

• some apps doesnt have descriptions in .yml files
  • i am wondering is there any other way…

Yes, some have it in the source repo in a Fastlane or Triple-T folder structure: All About Descriptions, Graphics, and Screenshots | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

Yes, the info is here: PixaPencil/fastlane/metadata/android/en-US/full_description.txt at master · therealbluepandabear/PixaPencil · GitHub buut since that is Archived the best way would be to copy that and add the note on top in Description:

ping @linsui

app description comes from Updated `fastlane` descriptions. · therealbluepandabear/PixaPencil@a0e9955 · GitHub

• if there is no description in .yml & repo is archived: should i copy from short description and paste in .yml? with the following text at description top_ NOTE: This app is no longer maintained, its repo was archived.
  • or should i create issue at data repo or report here?

A Merge Request is better :slight_smile:

Predence section seems app .yml overrides other data

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.