How to use shared library in f-droid

I try to push react native app to f-droid. When i create merge request New app: free.vpn.unblock.proxy.opensource (!12918) · Merge requests · F-Droid / Data · GitLab, i got answer that jniLibs should be removed from skanignore. After that I got an error that shared libraries are being used.

2023-04-19 16:35:12,605 ERROR: Found shared library at android/app/src/main/jniLibs/arm64-v8a/libovpnexec.so

4692023-04-19 16:35:12,606 ERROR: Found shared library at android/app/src/main/jniLibs/arm64-v8a/libosslspeedtest.so

4702023-04-19 16:35:12,606 ERROR: Found shared library at android/app/src/main/jniLibs/arm64-v8a/librsapss.so

4712023-04-19 16:35:12,607 ERROR: Found shared library at android/app/src/main/jniLibs/arm64-v8a/libjbcrypto.so

4722023-04-19 16:35:12,607 ERROR: Found shared library at android/app/src/main/jniLibs/arm64-v8a/libopenvpn.so

4732023-04-19 16:35:12,608 ERROR: Found shared library at android/app/src/main/jniLibs/arm64-v8a/libovpn3.so

4742023-04-19 16:35:12,608 ERROR: Found shared library at android/app/src/main/jniLibs/arm64-v8a/libovpnutil.so

As I understand it, shared libraries should not be in the source code, they should be compiled during the building of the application. But I don’t know how to do it. Any help, thanks.

That’s up to you, where’s the free or open-source repo that contains the code for those shared libs? Links?

1 Like

I don’t have the source code, but I can take it from similar projects:
1). https://github.com/pia-foss/android-tunnel/tree/master/cpp
2). https://github.com/ivpn/android-app/tree/develop/core/src/main/cpp
The cpp directory contains the sources of the shared libraries

Great, so in the recipe you need to follow the same build steps as those projects to build the .so files

Mine is completely missing including the f-droid apps on categories it’s saying that it was possibly corrupt but I think it’s because I foolishly went to Mint mobile and my phone is not accepting short codes or hardly any notifications! I have to wait for 5 days for a Sim to go back to my original carrier!

That doesn’t seem related to this forum topic. I don’t quite understand your problem (I’ve never heard of any message talking about possible corruption, for future reference: it is really helpful to give the exact error message and/or screenshots if something isn’t working) but maybe try deleting F-Droid’s app data in Android settings to reset it to the original state?

Sorry I know I combine to much in my head, your right the messages are not part of the f-droid, I wanted to look for a different app but it’s all missing but as I read down I’m not the only one that can’t see the categories that used to be on the f-droid app! Sorry for the confusion

I think you might have ran into [Important] F-Droid broken after Android version upgrade. The easiest way to fix this is deleting F-Droid app data or, if you can’t find that in your phone somehow, reinstalling the F-Droid app. After that things should work again.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.