How to share apps between multi-user ?

Hello,

is there a way to share installed applications between all users of a device in a multi-users environment, apart from making these applications system apps?

I have a lot of things that I would like to install for all users of my device, but they cannot all fit in the system partition. Installing and configuring them for each user is painful and seems like a waste of a lot of storage space.

I read about proprietary tools to achieve this, but I was not able to find a free software equivalent.

Could someone indicate a relevant solution ?
If that can help, my device uses lineageOS 16.

Thanks

Android does not alow this.

How do you do multi user? Using Shelter? Android for Work? Some OEM system?

Multiple user accounts are part of AOSP since Android 5(?) I believe.

Do note that same apps occupy the same space afaik

Do note that same apps occupy the same space afaik

do you means that if I install one app for user A, then for user B, Android will detect that the app is already installed for A and will simply give access to it for B ?

Tongue in the cheek question: I’m new here, and you are tagged as a D-droid Contributor, but how would you know, given that you were not even aware of the android multi user feature ?

Will use the same installed app, yes

Maybe read my answer again, not sure what part of me asking for details made you think I know or not about this

Also

Installing and configuring them for each user

My answer:

Android does not alow this

(aka install separately, it’s the same APK; can’t configure for all at once, you need to do it for each user)

Maybe read my answer again, not sure what part of me asking for details made you think I know or not about this

my bad ! and my apologies for trying to be a smartass…

(aka install separately, it’s the same APK; can’t configure for all at once, you need to do it for each user)

that, I understood, since each user has its own environment. Because of these separate environments, I guessed , apparently wrongfully, that each installation required to save apks in each separate environment.

What would be required to automate the installation for each existing user ? Could there be a shell command to achieve this ?

Oandbackup if you gave root access I guess.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.