How to download Instagram/Youtube/etc videos and pics on Android

Hi
can anyone tell me best app for android which is safe and easy to use to download instagram videos and pictures.

Install Termux from F-Droid, grant it storage permissions, run:

pkg update
pkg upgrade
pkg install python-pip
pip3 install yt-dlp
cd /sdcard/Download
yt-dlp https://instagram.com/...
4 Likes

If Termux is available, gallery-dl could also be useful. It wraps yt-dlp as well as having bespoke extraction code for several additional platforms.

2 Likes

Let me google that for you :wink:

https://search.f-droid.org/?q=yt-dlp&lang=en

Lol, please don’t recommand Termux to new users. Seal is better.

2 Likes

GrayJayApp (the Best) or NewPipe.

why do you insist with a proprietary app?

How could I recommend something that I didn’t use? :person_shrugging: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I don’t use it either. I don’t use YouTube at all. :rofl: Though Termux is the most popular app on F-Droid, Seal is the most popular video downloader on F-droid.

[Citation needed] :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is the only one that is actually allowing users REAL Freedom of speech AND allowing it’s users to be able to follow Content Creators across a variety of platforms. This is not a panacea for what is wrong with phone software and phone devices in the 21st century, and I am not saying it is, but it is a step in the right direction. Nothing is pure, I support F-Droid in hopes that one day it will be on top, but I am not going to sit by and not support a MORE Free (compared to Googleplay & others) app, device, etc. just because it’s not on Pure FOSS (at least not for videos & comments).

If you know of a better FOSS app (or secret better version of Newpipe) that allows users to comment and view without censorship, I am all ears!

2 Likes

This is exactly what I do as well. Ive tried that ytdlnis app that’s just a wrapper around yt-dlp - and it works but it takes forever and it’s so much easier to just open termux and download it that way.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.