How to download Instagram/Youtube/etc videos and pics on Android

Hi
can anyone tell me best app for android which is safe and easy to use to download instagram videos and pictures.

1 Like

Install Termux from F-Droid, grant it storage permissions, run:

pkg update
pkg upgrade
pkg install python-pip
pip3 install yt-dlp
cd /sdcard/Download
yt-dlp https://instagram.com/...
4 Likes

If Termux is available, gallery-dl could also be useful. It wraps yt-dlp as well as having bespoke extraction code for several additional platforms.

2 Likes

Let me google that for you :wink:

https://search.f-droid.org/?q=yt-dlp&lang=en

Lol, please don’t recommand Termux to new users. Seal is better.

2 Likes

GrayJayApp (the Best) or NewPipe.

why do you insist with a proprietary app?

How could I recommend something that I didn’t use? :person_shrugging: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I don’t use it either. I don’t use YouTube at all. :rofl: Though Termux is the most popular app on F-Droid, Seal is the most popular video downloader on F-droid.

[Citation needed] :slight_smile:

1 Like

It is the only one that is actually allowing users REAL Freedom of speech AND allowing it’s users to be able to follow Content Creators across a variety of platforms. This is not a panacea for what is wrong with phone software and phone devices in the 21st century, and I am not saying it is, but it is a step in the right direction. Nothing is pure, I support F-Droid in hopes that one day it will be on top, but I am not going to sit by and not support a MORE Free (compared to Googleplay & others) app, device, etc. just because it’s not on Pure FOSS (at least not for videos & comments).

If you know of a better FOSS app (or secret better version of Newpipe) that allows users to comment and view without censorship, I am all ears!

2 Likes

This is exactly what I do as well. Ive tried that ytdlnis app that’s just a wrapper around yt-dlp - and it works but it takes forever and it’s so much easier to just open termux and download it that way.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.