[Help] My phone got hacked?!

If you have Tor Browser’s security settings set to Standard, at least in my experience, Tor Browser will ignore your NoScript settings and just enable every script. If you have the security settings set to Safest then you’ll need to enable the inventati entry in NoScript.

Aside from the drop down menus; app and game pages, the about page and philosophy page should work without javascript, but the index page and musings page, app, game, wallpaper, model and script database pages all require javascript.

My primary host is operated by a collective of anti-capitalist/anti-fascist privacy advocates who offer free email and web hosting services to anyone that shares similar anti-capitalist/anti-fascist views, you have to interview with one of their members upon requesting service. The services they provide are supported through donations.

After web hosting services are granted you can request PHP and database support, I think, but I’m guessing they don’t offer this by default so as to reduce the load on their limited infrastructure. My website doesn’t absolutely require it so I chose not to request those services.

The host for my proxy site doesn’t offer server side language support at all.

@TheMystic As for my case, I couldn’t tell you what web page I visited that infected my mobile. I didn’t immediately notice that my phone was infected. I noticed the battery drain the day I left on a multi-day bicycle trip. I don’t typically use my phone except to check the time during long rides and found it unusual that I had to take out my solar panels and recharge my phone on our lunch break. Nonetheless I didn’t suspect that my phone was hacked until I reached my destination and found the Developer Options were irrevocably disabled.

I didn’t know how my phone was hacked until I read about it in the news.

Wait, what? How did you get infected? Via the browser?

Welcome back.

If you have Tor Browser’s security settings set to Standard

Or Medium, unless you change Noscript default behavior, on desktop, which is easy to forget to do after new or re-installs. Oops. Thanks for another reminder. :confused:

My primary host is operated by a collective of anti-capitalist/anti-fascist privacy advocates…

Not necessary to spam a copy of their About here. Cool developers use git and static sites. So I’ve heard.

I couldn’t tell you what web page I visited that infected my mobile.

The same folks who zap you with extra microwaves probably forgot to deactivate monitor mode in firmware after watching-in, one boring day… Or on purpose after you flipped off their plane or drone… Or maybe you just left your screen or camera on by mistake.

"The ADS works by firing a high-powered (100 kW output power) beam of 95 GHz waves at a target, which corresponds to a wavelength of 3.2 mm. The ADS millimeter wave energy works on a principle similar to a microwave oven, exciting the water and fat molecules in the skin, and instantly heating them via dielectric heating…

The short millimeter waves used in ADS only penetrate the top layers of skin, with most of the energy being absorbed within 0.4 mm (1⁄64 inch), whereas microwaves will penetrate into human tissue about 17 mm (0.67 inch)…

“Defense contractor Raytheon has developed a smaller version of the ADS, the Silent Guardian. This stripped-down model is primarily marketed for use by law enforcement agencies, the military and other security providers. The system is operated and aimed with a joystick and aiming screen. The device can be used for targets over 250 metres (820 ft) away, and the beam has a power of 30 kilowatts.”

@Licaon_Kter I don’t know; all I can say is that it happened at the begining of the time frame mentioned in the linked article.

“This hacking campaign, which ended up going on for about nine months, used the so-called ‘watering hole’ method — in which a threat actor injects malicious code into a website to effectively ‘booby trap’ it (visitors to the site will subsequently become infected with malware, which allows the hacker to target and escalate compromise of specific targets).”

P.S. @anon46495926 Several weeks ago a blackhawk helicopter flew low over our campsite, man those things are loud, the day after a complete stranger on the side of the road inexplicably gave my girlfriend a watermelon, a favorite of mine, which we did not eat. I waved hello, but I don’t normally flip the bird.

Some people are able to instinctively feel the surveillance (especially if you are often in nature and you have a more developed instinctive perception of reality), this can be easily seen if you look in the back of passers-by - some will definitely turn around to find the one who is behind them looks.
And in our time, ubiquitous video surveillance and data collection for advertising companies, you should not be surprised at the manifestation of these feelings within yourself; in addition, you can get into the field of view of government services for visiting ordinary technical forums, this is a common practice of these organizations; but do not exaggerate the threat model of the “x-files” or “territory-51” level, as this is already dangerous with mental disorders.

ADS

No need to re-publish so much content from links.

You may have “Havana syndrome”: ‘Havana syndrome ’ and the mystery of the microwaves - BBC News

It’s certainly a possibility, except that I didn’t know about any of these things until after experiencing unusual and unidentified effects then researching the symptoms after the fact to find the most likely culprit.

Havana Syndrome is similar to hypochondria; you hear about an afliction and then think you have it. I experienced the afliction then discovered what caused it.

experiencing unusual and unidentified effects then researching the symptoms after the fact to find the most likely culprit.

It could have been heat exhaustion, but you latched onto microwave weapons attack, because… not a doctor, not objective. Just because you’re paranoid, it doesn’t mean they’re not out to get you. :smiley:

Heat exhaustion in winter?

Heat exhaustion in winter?

Yeah. Who woulda thunk it. You Can Get Heat Exhaustion Even In Cold Weather

My girlfriend and I both had heat exhaustion in winter at the same time even though she had done no physical activity and neither of us have had heat exhaustion before or since in spite of the fact we’ve climbed mountains with 165lbs, each, of gear in 90 degree weather… Frequently.

Hypothetically, if it were true, what would you do? Surely you’d have to do something, you couldn’t just stand there and watch an innocent man get murdered before your very eyes. But what could you do?

You can’t just turn your life upside down and they might even turn that weapon on you just for aknowledging it. Then you’d be the one with no one to run to and nowhere to go; gunned down in broad daylight while thousands of onlookers avert their eyes and go about the rest of their lives pretending as though it didn’t happen.

Easier if I’m just a loon.

Maybe quick mild cases of covid. Occam’s razor. I’ll get back to you on the cable-car, baby or crowd, hypothetical questions. One of my old phone batteries may need replacing. Time to shop…

I understand, you don’t know me. For all you know I could be mentally challenged or an escaped mental patient, no offense to escaped mental patients. I do, however, know me and I find my testimony of the utmost trustworthiness. There is nothing you can say that would cause me to lose faith in myself.

If this were literally a rodeo it would be my first, but it is not. I didn’t come here to convince you, or anyone else, of anything; I already know that hurdle is insurmountable. I don’t know why you called me back here or why I bothered to answer that call.

You convinced me of one thing - to re-re-check my Noscript settings again.

We also agree, when it comes to big mental changes, the motivation has to come from within. It usually takes a major crisis first.

It’s too bad the recent “mind” issue of Technology Review is mostly paywalled. You might find interesting reading connecting PTSD, gaming, isolation, and measurable brain changes (not for the better).

Don’t give up. Help is available.

Maybe they’ll find someone else who plays with microwaves or acoustics.

Fulga hats are back in fashion.
_

I dont think it is very secure when any app with storage access and internet access has access to all the rest of your shared storage and then there the screen capture issue