Dear F-Droid hackers,
We (Taler Systems SA/The GNU Project) are looking to hire software developers (volunteers also welcome) to write Free Software for F-Droid, specifically user interfaces for GNU Taler (https://taler.net/
– Oh, and before you worry: no blockchain, we’re not a crypto-currency).
We have flexibility with respect to to location (ideal would be Berlin, Luxembourg or Switzerland). Part-time/full-time employment or contract work are also generally possible, but full-time would be preferred.
Overall, we are looking for the following skills:
- MUST: F-droid application developer (Java/Kotlin, mostly UI).
[Note: no Google Play, resulting app must work on F-Droid.]
- Bonus: Knowledge of networking stacks (NFC, REST) or cryptography would be helpful, but is really not required as the crypto is finished)
- Bonus: Cross-platform development ability for iOS would be a plus
[Note: we will dual-license to be able to be listed in the App store, but recommend users to jail break and use GPL edition.]
- Bonus: UI/UX design experience
If you have any of these skills and want to work on privacy-enhancing Free Software, please contact me with a description of your skills, preferred type of employment (full time, part time, contract), current
location, and whether relocation is conceivable for you.
If you are interested in the specifics of the licensing method for GNU Taler, you can see the copyright agreement we generally use here:
(Key points: You get to keep a non-exclusive copyright for your contributions, and we warrant that we will always make all releases at least also available under a FSF-approved Free Software license, but are allowed to dual-license IF binaries are bit-wise identical to Free Software version.)
p.s.: you can send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org