FOSS alternative for MS Teams

I havent’t find in forum any information about MS Teams compatible recommended app for Android.

Do you know any? I’m aware that it will use non-free network

Browser not good enough?

With cookies and session&storage shared with all other web pages?

Possible, but I would have to find web browser with switchable profiles - like
firefox -P
command

Use a Private page?!

Hey!
I don’t have a solution, but wanted to share my personal experience on this mater.
Recently I helped someone who has been moving to Free Software on his computer (with my help) deal with the sudden need to use MS Teams (it was a sudden work requirement, there was no time to plan and prepare). We discovered that using a Browser wouldn’t be the best choice because Firefox doesn’t support videochat+screensharing, we then tried Ungoogled Chromium and it was working but it would break a lot… He was about to give up and use the proprietary app in Windows when we came across an open source Client for linux, which is basically a browser running with all the configuration already done so it works out of the box!

I am writing all this to say that while I prefer using a browser for most of my needs and like having bookmarks and such, I realize that some people in some situations might require a more dedicated solution. I would like to know of a Free Software MS Teams client just as I like that Facebook Free Software clients exist (even though I don’t use Facebook). Do I try to encourage people to use other solutions? YES! I think there are better alternatives. But in the world we live in we need to have Free Software that allows us to work and compete in a leveled field with others.
Just my two cents :slight_smile:
Btw, if this helps, here is a link for Linux client (I don’t remember if this was the one we used in the situation described above, but I believe it was).

2 Likes

Thank you - that’s another desktop option for me.
I’ll try this out, hope it will work on my preferred configuration - ubuntu 22 & armhf architecture.

There is an AppImage file, which should run well in most distros. Not sure about architecture, you will have to try it yourself. Good luck!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.