Fosdem 2019

FOSDEM 2019 Call for participation recently started. Which got me thinking about what to do for next years fosdem.

@hans did a talk in 2016. I was there the last two years and last handing out F-Droid stickers and generally talking about F-Droid with lots of people.

So I think there’s interest in having some more presence there. I guess the first question is who’s planning to be there? If it’s more than just me we could think about having an F-Droid stand. :slight_smile:

I’d also be interested in submitting a talk about F-Droid, would be interesting to brainstorm what it should focus on. And also which track/devroom might be best suited here.

Main track proposals are to be submitted by 13.10./3.11. Devroom CfP’s start around 16.10. Stands submission deadline is 2.11.

1 Like

I might go, but I’m not sure about it yet. I have some stuff at work that may require me going to Brussels and cannot attend FOSSDEM :frowning:

FOSDEM is a great event, I definitely can recommend it. And definitely
a perfect place to represent F-Droid. I don’t know if I’ll be able to
make it this year though. I’m happy to help anyone who wants to submit
to it.

1 Like

Pinging @contributors to get an overview on who might be going. :slight_smile:

I’ll definitely be there again unless they find more than 10 horses to hold me back. :wink:

2 Likes

I’d really like to have an F-Droid stand next year. There should be two people present at the table throughout the event. So beside @Coffee and me we’d need probably at least 2 more people to have a chance at still enjoying FOSDEM. :slight_smile:
Anyone else who’d know by 2.11. if they’re going and willing to be present at the F-Droid stand?

I hope I’ll be there, but still not sure, it depends on what courses we will have in my school at this moment :smiley: I’ll be sure in one month I think.

Here is the discussion from the Decentralized Internet & Privacy devroom: https://forum.enough.community/t/call-for-participation/112

1 Like

Announcement is live: [FOSDEM] [CFP] Decentralized Internet & Privacy devroom

Dealine is 11-26, I’m pretty sure I want to submit something there.

ping me if you want help writing the submission

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.