First time in FDroid for getting NewPipe - help for total beginner

I’m a non-IT-savvy woman wanting more internet privacy, e.g. NewPipe. Is there a simple Android tutorial (instructions) “for dummies” to get started in 1) FDroid (as I assume I must get it first) and 2) NewPipe (for using YouTube without YouTube)?
I mean actual steps to take. Both for Android phone and my PC.
I cannot find either F-Droid or NewPipe in my phone’s Play Store. Similar looking icons, yes, but they don’t seem to be the real deal. Thank you very much for any help given. -Tiina from Finland

Here is a reasonable video on how to install F-Droid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_0fhLF8a1nU

1 Like

It is a little strange not to find written instructions on or linked to at f-droid homepage.

The reason is that they don’t comply with Play Store rules. It isn’t possible to distribute alternative store applications as well as unofficial clients for services. If you see something in Google Play Store that names itself as F-Droid or NewPipe, it is 100% scam.

I cannot find either F-Droid or NewPipe in my phone’s Play Store. Similar looking icons, yes, but they don’t seem to be the real deal.

Here’s the official answer why F-Droid is not on Google Play: FAQ - General | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository

Thank you very much for any help given.

Welcome aboard! :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.