Fdroidserver - how to setup available Android SDK

Hi, I wanted to know if there is a way to update the minimum API supported by F-DROID, I am trying to update the versions of an application but when I make the build, it shows me the following error: WARNING: Requested API level 30 is larger than maximum we have, returning API level 28 instead.

Thank you!

F-Droid Client does not care about your min/target/whateverAPI.

You mean that when you compile with fdroidserver you see that message? That’s not FROM fdroidserver but from gradle and Android tools (SDK/NDK/etc)

Yes, when I compile with fdroidserver I see that message. But I need update the APKs, but I can’t because I get that message and I would like to know if there is a way to fix it, upgrade the supported API from 28 to 32 e.g.

You can install newer SDK with sdkmanager.

1 Like

Hi there!

I have been trying to update the Android SDK version to make the repository accept API level greater than 28, does anyone know the steps to do this or anything to help me from the documentation?

Thanks.

The fdroidserver doesn’t care about the api level. What do you want to do?

I want to upgrade the android SDK to the latest version so that the repo will accept recent versions of APKs, I already upgraded the SDK version but the repo is still using the previous SDK API level.

There’s no connection between the “repo” and the “android sdk”

You need to explain what you did, what did you run, what was the output, what are you trying to do.

Step by step…

1 Like

I’m trying to push recent versions of APKs to my repository, for that:

1. I added a new APK to the repo
  2. I gave permissions to the APK with chmod 777
  3. I ran “sudo fdroid update --create-metadata”.
  4. “WARNING: Requested API level 30 is larger than maximum we have, returning API level 28 instead.”
  5. The APK does not appear in the repository.

That’s just a warning, not fatal. Also not related.

Do try like this:

• first: fdroid publish --verbose
  • then: fdroid update --create-metadata --verbose
  • sudo fdroid publish --verbose

DEBUG: Reading 'config.yml'
      INFO: 8 apps, 8 key aliases
      DEBUG: > /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/bin/keytool -list -v -keystore keystore.p12 -storepass:env FDROID_KEY_STORE_PASS
      DEBUG: > /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/bin/jarsigner -keystore keystore.p12 -storepass:env FDROID_KEY_STORE_PASS -digestalg SHA1 -sigalg SHA1withRSA stats/publishsigkeys.jar ip-xxxxx -keypass:env FDROID_KEY_PASS
      jar signed.

Warning: 
      The signer's certificate is self-signed.
      The SHA1 algorithm specified for the -digestalg option is considered a security risk. This algorithm will be disabled in a future update.
      The SHA1withRSA algorithm specified for the -sigalg option is considered a security risk. This algorithm will be disabled in a future update.
      POSIX file permission and/or symlink attributes detected. These attributes are ignored when signing and are not protected by the signature.
      DEBUG: Outputting JSON
      DEBUG: skip deploying full build logs: not enabled in config

• fdroid update --create-metadata --verbose

DEBUG: Reading 'config.yml'

INFO: 8 apps, 8 key aliases

DEBUG: > /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/bin/keytool -list -v -keystore keystore.p12 -storepass:env FDROID_KEY_STORE_PASS

DEBUG: > /usr/lib/jvm/java-11-openjdk-amd64/bin/jarsigner -keystore keystore.p12 -storepass:env FDROID_KEY_STORE_PASS -digestalg SHA1 -sigalg SHA1withRSA stats/publishsigkeys.jar ip-xxxxx -keypass:env FDROID_KEY_PASS

jar signed.

Warning:

The signer's certificate is self-signed.

The SHA1 algorithm specified for the -digestalg option is considered a security risk. This algorithm will be disabled in a future update.

The SHA1withRSA algorithm specified for the -sigalg option is considered a security risk. This algorithm will be disabled in a future update.

POSIX file permission and/or symlink attributes detected. These attributes are ignored when signing and are not protected by the signature.

DEBUG: Outputting JSON

INFO: published list signing-key fingerprints

The APK is still not deployed in the F-Droid repo.

1 Like

So you’ve put your APKs in unsigned/ right?

You even create blank metadata files in metadata/appid.yml

And it does not work?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.