F-droid support fastlane full_description in html or md instead of txt?

Which formats does the f-droid-bot support to generate a localized app description?

Currently i use [project-root]/fastlane/metadata/android/de-DE/full_description.txt for the german translation.

From the translators i usually get text either formated as markdown (i.e. full_description.md) or as html (i.e. full_description.htm) for the web site and i have to manually translate them back to .txt for f-droid

Are there plans to support *.md or *.htm files?

If yes: what happens if there is a full_description.txt, full_description.md and full_description.htm? Which one would be used?

Is there any url or ticket that documents this (Most relevant page All About Descriptions, Graphics, and Screenshots | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository currently has no info about formats)

It would be great if you add a link from Translation and Localization | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository to All About Descriptions, Graphics, and Screenshots | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository and other relevant urls.

[Update:]

in All About Descriptions, Graphics, and Screenshots | F-Droid - Free and Open Source Android App Repository says:

There are two data formats:

descriptive materials in plain text or HTML
graphics and screenshots as PNG or JPEG files

So the answer to my question is:

• full_description.txt may contain html fragments.

I found this example Transportr/fastlane/metadata/android/de-DE/full_description.txt at master · grote/Transportr · GitHub and Transportr/fastlane/metadata/android/en-US/full_description.txt at master · grote/Transportr · GitHub that contains html < br/ >, and < b >…< /b >

Is there any info what kind of html is allowed?

• Especially can i use < h1 > … < h6 > and < ul >< li >…< /li > < /ul > ?
  • what happens if there is something in the html that is not allowed? cannot deploy due to error? is it removed automatically?

[Update 20.4.2020]

i have just released a new verision of togozip with html ( < p >, < ul > in the description:

let see, how the app description will look like

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.